Wild Plums

• 2 Replies

tiptopchickendon

Wild Plums
« on: June 22, 2009, 20:38 »
Guys

Hear in Sunny MK, there are loads of Wild Plum trees in the hedgerows and alongside the roads. Usually the OH and I pick (&eat) them and she then makes Jam from them.
This year we thought we may try and make some kind of brew from them.... :)

There are differing variaties to choose from, Red, Yellow and some that taste like apricots. most are very sweet considering their relative small size compared to say Victoria Plums

As they are still a few weeks off from picking, I was wondering if you guys had any recipes i couls use

Cheers

A

:D

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Wild Plums
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 23:05 »
None from me sorry, but I wonder if this is the sort of thing that Hugh Fearnley wotsit might do lots of, and possibly have recipes on a website?
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

floydion

Re: Wild Plums
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 11:51 »
hello, did you end up making your plum wine, i done one with some wild plums and i must say it was yummy, i just filled a very large pan with plums and went at them with my potato masher, filtered through a siv, added enough water to make upto 4.5liter, i needed a little sugar to get the sg upto 1.100, i like mine strong, pectolase, camden tablet and let sit for a couple of days, then put in a demi john and added yeast and nutrient, all from wilkinsons. simple
i done the same with damsons and got the same results.
probable should have left them for months but they both cleared vey quick so i drank after about 3 months.

xx
Plums turning a bit grey in my brandy

Started by rhysdad on Homebrew

2 Replies
Last post August 15, 2011, 23:19
by oldpaul
xx
Wild Cherries...

Started by HelenK on Homebrew

0 Replies
Last post June 23, 2009, 11:53
by HelenK
xx
WILD PLUM WINE

Started by yamandmole on Homebrew

21 Replies
Last post January 03, 2012, 09:15
by tadpole
xx
Raspberry wine from wild yeast.

Started by Capt Zero on Homebrew

8 Replies
Last post September 06, 2013, 15:05
by compostqueen

Page created in 0.288 seconds with 35 queries.