layers pellets

• 8 Replies

Shazzer

• Experienced Member
layers pellets
« on: September 01, 2007, 21:09 »
how much do people pay for layers pellets?  I have just paid £5.98 for a bag of 20kg of farmgate pellets, previously i had paid £7.50 from a local pet shop

muntjac

layers pellets
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 21:13 »
save ya money buy wheat and barley crushed peas etc from farmer s..... also search " layers pellets " by muntjac for other posts  :wink:
still alive /............

Shazzer

• Experienced Member
layers pellets
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 21:15 »
how do you mean search muntjack? and whats the diffence between layers and crushed pea and barley

muntjac

layers pellets
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 21:20 »
top of this screen is a search facility . layers pellets are processed corn etc made into pellet form .no different to unprocesed seed etc .i dont agree with them under the waste and money issues.

http://www.chat.allotment-garden.org/search.php

Kazoo

• Experienced Member
layers pellets
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 12:11 »
Hi Shazzer

I pay £3.95 for a 20kg bag of layers mash, I get these from a local potato farmer who keeps a few chickens to supply locals with free range eggs.  My other local feed stores charge anything up to £7.50 so its worth shopping around.  If you are lucky enough to find a local farmer like me its well worth it, he gives me loads of tips and advice plus he always gives me a very fair deal on all the extras needed - like bales of straw, sawdust etc.  He makes up a special 'treat feed' for his chooks which has lots of grains, dried peas, bananas, sweetcorn etc and grit and oyster shell mixed in which he always lets me have at a couple of quid for a huge sack.  As they say its not what you know its who you know!

WG.

layers pellets
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 12:46 »
Quote from: "Shazzer"
how do you mean search
Usage instructions on here : http://www.chat.allotment-garden.org/viewtopic.php?p=86593#86593

Shazzer

• Experienced Member
chicken owners in bristol
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 13:27 »
Quote from: "Shazzer"
how much do people pay for layers pellets?  I have just paid £5.98 for a bag of 20kg of farmgate pellets, previously i had paid £7.50 from a local pet shop

si-mate

• Experienced Member
layers pellets
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 08:51 »
They'll be getting more and more expensive as the year goes on as cereals have more than doubled in price.
If you go for commercial rations from countrywide / scats / bocm etc. you will find they are usually cheaper than the smallholder brands like allen & page, but you will notice a difference in your eggs if you spend a little bit more.

Your hens also may turn their beaks up at cheaper products if they've been used to the good stuff.

muntjac

layers pellets
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 09:22 »
Quote from: "si-mate"
They'll be getting more and more expensive as the year goes on as cereals have more than doubled in price.
If you go for commercial rations from countrywide / scats / bocm etc. you will find they are usually cheaper than the smallholder brands like allen & page, but you will notice a difference in your eggs if you spend a little bit more.

Your hens also may turn their beaks up at cheaper products if they've been used to the good stuff.

as above
 but they will eat it if they get hungry .. add more green stuff to the diet for egg quality  :wink:

xx
layers pellets

Started by leveya on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post August 09, 2011, 23:30
by Lindeggs
xx
Layers pellets

Started by Fredjones on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post December 24, 2009, 09:09
by joyfull
xx
Layers Pellets

Started by mad mark on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post July 07, 2009, 00:20
by Caralou
xx
Which layers pellets?

Started by OpiumEater on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post December 21, 2011, 20:41
by ANHBUC

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 39 queries.