Diary of a suburban bantie cockerel

• 260 Replies

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
Re: Diary of a suburban bantie cockerel
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2013, 20:26 »
I LOVE IT!!
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How cute are your birds New shoot!! They are so endearing.
I've forgotten what a fully feathered hen looks like - just about all of ours are oven ready around the backside! :lol:

Keep up the great diary! :happy:

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2013, 06:06 »
Foghorn's Diary

Morning diary.  Thinking about getting some new girls has made me a bit nostalgic.  Was looking through the photo album with the girls and found a picture from when me and Alphie first arrived at mum's in the summer of 2010.

We soon graduated to a bigger house and even then, you could see I was going to be the more handsome of us. 

What's the sniggering all about girls  >:(  I was better looking and still am.  Class shines through from the start you know.  Anyway, I have just found some embarrassing pictures of some of you when you were younger, so watch it!  Yes, I mean you, Miss 'I'm just too bootilicious' Beyonce.  Cop a load of this heh heh heh  :lol:

Oi, stop it B!  No, I've posted it in my diary now.  Will you pack it in ..... that hurt!  Get over yourself woman.  'Bout time you came down a peg or two  ;)  :lol:
002-1.jpg
001-2.jpg
002-9.jpg
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 14:11 by New shoot »

Springlands

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2013, 08:51 »
 :lol: :lol:  Miss B looks so cute in her little pot.   :D

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2013, 16:55 »
Bet you are glad that Mum had the time to take those lovely photos for you to reminisce over.   :)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2013, 16:06 »
Alphie's Diary

Dear diary.  Bit perplexed at the moment.  Mum is acting a bit oddly.  She's been fussing round a spare coop we have in the garden and checking it over.  I've already checked it out with the girls and we all decided it wasn't very interesting, so why the sudden interest from mum  :unsure:

I asked her, but all she said was 'Nothing to worry yourself about Alphie'. 

Foghorn was nearly beside himself, jumping up and down in his run like the idiot he is and shouting to mum.  She went over and they whispered for a bit.  Ever since, Foggy has been strutting round like he owns the place and winking at me.  In the end I shouted over 'What's your problem mate!', but he just fell about laughing and said I would find out soon enough.  What's that supposed to mean  ???

My girls just rolled their eyes and said they couldn't care less what he was up to and why was I lowering myself down to his level.  High standards my two.  They know they are classy and rise above the soap opera goings on of the big run.  Put on a show of not giving a hoot for their benefit of course, but mark my tail feathers, something's up  ::)
photo_zps273240a9.jpg
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 13:01 by New shoot »

Springlands

« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2013, 16:15 »
Mmmmm - nearly as curious as Alphie - what could be going on. Not new hens surely - no not possible.  ;)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2013, 16:38 »
Sssshhhhh ...... quiet there .............. New shoot tiptoes in and looks round warily.  Don't any of you dare let on to Alphie, but going to see some new hens on Saturday morning.

They are blue laced and silver laced dotties so hopefully can find a couple of stunners for Foggy  :D  He's mad with excitement naturally, but I've told him to button it or that spur trimming video might just be coming back out  :ohmy:  ;)  :lol:

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2013, 17:34 »
:lol:
Loving this thread so much!
Methinks Alphie is going to be a bit jealous of Foggy! :D

Jo57

• Experienced Member
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2013, 18:15 »
Yep, the sparks are going to fly!

Springlands

« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2013, 18:31 »
Cannot wait to hear what Alphie thinks about the new girls - and to see some pics also.  :) Promise I will keep quiet until Saturday.  ;)

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2013, 22:13 »
Foghorn is one lucky young man.  I saw some blue laced wyandottes bantams recently, they will have him going weak at the knees.   :blush:

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2013, 06:35 »
Have had confirmation that they are about 12 weeks old, so Foggy will have to just look longingly for a few weeks while they grow up  :)

Don't know who is more excited to be honest - him or me  :D

Pics follow I promise  ;)

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2013, 07:23 »
Don't know who is more excited to be honest - him or me  :D

I've a feeling I could hazard a guess.... ::) ;)

"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2013, 09:36 »
Alphie's diary

I knew it ............ I knew it ............. there was no hiding it today!  Mum's been putting food and water into that spare coop and bedding in the house.  She must think I'm stupid  ::) 

Marched over with Naomi and demanded answers

Mum was still trying to look innocent, but then I pointed out Exhibit B M'lud.  That's the box you go to fetch new chickens in!

Mum sighed, went and got a few grapes and we sat on the bench for a chat.  She explained that Foggy had lost a couple of his older girls and needed some new ones.  So I piped up and said' But if I like the look of them mum ? ......'  BIG mistake  :ohmy: 

Naomi went on a complete hissy fit (and she's not called Naomi for nothing let me tell you  ::)).  She was wild and made me promise not to even look at them sideways.  Course Eva joined in and I got a real telling off.

Mum said 'See Alphie.  It would cause all sorts of upsets if you had a new girlie and anyway I did get you two supermodels to make up for it'. 

The girls were lapping this up and preening themselves.  Think I will have to be sneaky to get a look at the newbies, but a lad of my enterprising nature will find a way  ;)  :lol:
IMG_0563_zps6fe8b1fa.jpg
IMG_0564_zps2c410b75.jpg
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 14:13 by New shoot »

Springlands

« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2013, 11:02 »
 :lol: :lol:  Be careful Alphie - if your girls catch you out you might just be on a total ban (if you get my drift).  ;)

xx
Bantie Orpintons???

Started by jinty1911 on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post January 17, 2011, 20:56
by Evansent
sad
Hen now cockerel

Started by The Goods on Chicken Chat

7 Replies
Last post January 07, 2013, 21:06
by Paul Plots
xx
Scared cockerel

Started by Pretty Chick on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post June 16, 2010, 23:53
by raeburg
xx
I went out for a cockerel and came back with....

Started by Honeysuckle on Chicken Chat

1 Replies
Last post February 27, 2011, 17:25
by joyfull

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 57 queries.