How noisy?

• 20 Replies

happyhenman

How noisy?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2008, 16:42 »
i have heard of someone on another forum,who is charging £3 a dozen and people still happy to pay.if people know your chooks are happy and well looked after,they will pay it-thank you hugh fw/jamie!!!! :D

Kazoo

• Experienced Member
How noisy?
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2008, 18:15 »
Don't feel I can charge anymore than 50p as our Village shop sells them on behalf of another chicken owner in the Village for 60p half dozen, I don't provide the cardboard egg box so I am a bit cheaper!  Plus I am trying to placate the neighbours as the Black Rocks are very noisy and I have had complaints!!

babe

• elvis king of chooks
How noisy?
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 18:21 »
have to admit, i dont have a clue what keeping the chickens cost.

i just buy corn, fedd, powder, wormer, straw, woodshavings etc etc, as and when i need it.

i dont really notice it, so it cant be much.

Viv

• Experienced Member
    • http://www.oldmotherhubbardsgarden.blogspot.com
How noisy?
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 07:58 »
Your neighbours do not sound like very nice people. What is their problem with the chickens,is it just that the girls are noisy at certain times or is there a bigger issue that you are unaware of?
Are you friendly with them, could you introduce them to the girls and make them chicken friendly?
Being a real softie and unpleasantness does upset me, I would have to move away from them
Happiest in the countryside.
Breathe deeply, and let the butterflies fly in formation!

Lost in France

• Experienced Member
How noisy?
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 20:29 »
Do hope your neighbours come to love your hens!

Re-eggs...I taker mine into classes I go to and everyone fights for them! I charge 1 euro for 6 so about 77p for 6. The eggs are tiny so I cross out the word "maxi" on the box and  replace it with "mini"! They might be small but they're lovely!!

Judi :wink:

Kazoo

• Experienced Member
How noisy?
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2008, 14:21 »
Our neighbours are actually all nice, we have been invited round for drinks etc but the chickens are very noisy and disturb a very quiet, rural road.  I think the problem is that we have moved in where all the neighbours have lived here for 20 plus years and we have brought three noisy chickens who are disturbing their peace!  The neighbours are happy to take the eggs and have all been round to look at them but they still have a winge about them!  I can't hear them when I am inside just outside.  I have one who is noisy all the time and the other two just seem to back her up now and then.  Once they are outside they are quiet, its just when we go out and I put them in their pen they start and in the morning when they are waiting for me to open their gate to the garden. My other hald wants to get rid of them due to the noise but I can't/won't.  I have tried to put some stimulation in their run like perches, and strung up food but they get bored very quickly!!!

xx
noisy hen

Started by LadyPlod on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post May 04, 2008, 11:46
by LadyPlod
xx
Very noisy Hen!!

Started by honeysuckle farm on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post June 09, 2009, 20:29
by mountainvicar
xx
noisy hen

Started by Shazzer on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post December 11, 2007, 10:01
by Shazzer
xx
So noisy

Started by slowef on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post April 19, 2007, 07:03
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.244 seconds with 34 queries.