Recycle, Burn or File

• 8 Replies

Lardman

Recycle, Burn or File
« on: December 18, 2021, 10:08 »
Hours of endless fun.   ::)

It involves going over the never ending paperwork you've been sent.  Anything without personal information goes in the recycle pile, as do all the envelopes - unless written on. Then the burn pile, this consists of any personal info or names and addresses which could be 'useful' to someone. And finally the file pile for paperwork you actual want or need.  It's best played on a large dining room table  :nowink:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Recycle, Burn or File
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 11:23 »
Trouble is I seem to get so much mail, most of it only fit for the recycle bin  ::)
Postman puts all the non-addressed adverts on the bottom of the pile, so it's easier for me to put them in the recycling bin  :lol:

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2021, 11:43 »
My equivalent piles would be recycle, shred then recycle, scan & store.

Scan & store items are usually shredded then recycled.

A small amount is filed as paper, an even smaller amount is in the safe deposit box at the bank (birth certificates, deed to house, title to car, etc.)

Our local paper recycling does accept paper shreds (I have one of those fine cross-cut types).  They also have, 4 times a year, a truck with a secure document shredder on board, shredding is free up to 2 boxes each time.

Mrs. Subversive also has her own pile, called "straight from mail box to trash can"
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 11:48 by Subversive_plot »
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

Christine

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2021, 12:11 »
What is shredded goes in the compost bin. Have eventually reached an age where there's not a lifetime of work/house to be kept.

jezza

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2021, 12:33 »
Hello my mother goes through all the post any thing with an address gets the address removed for burning the rest if it's written on one side gets made into note pads if both sides recycling bin,envelopes are made into note pads, pamphlets and all other bumf  go in the recycling bin after they have been looked at   jezza

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2021, 12:37 »
Name and first part of address, then postcode, get blotted out with biro scribble.   Really sensitive stuff gets torn to the stuff, then shredded.   Shredded here has to go with household waste !!!  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Lardman

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2021, 12:58 »
Well I've played for 2 hours and now I'm knackered. I admit to being a little behind and the business does generate a bit (or at least it used to). I'm working my way down 3 x 65l totecrates where I've been slinging to sort later. :blush: I've already filled 3 shopping bags just with envelopes  :ohmy: and I'm only 1 crate in. 

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2021, 15:27 »
What is shredded goes in the compost bin. Have eventually reached an age where there's not a lifetime of work/house to be kept.

Fine shreds in the compost is a good idea! I'll give that a try.

Growster...

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2021, 17:50 »
I just love cutting up the cardboard packaging from tea, cakes etc., and always keep a pile handy for lists, after which they go in the recycle-carrier bag...

We always get loads of stuff from Scotts of Stow, and Coopers of Stortford, (the latter won't get anything from me any more - they sold me a load of duff socks, and after two messages, ignored the issue), but we try and use any old envelopes when we can!

And birthday cards to each other, etc., get saved and reused every year, with strange names written on countless sticky labels, and lots of arrows and crossings out! It's always nice to see the old cards from the cats and the dog too, the paw prints and licks are masterpieces!

xx
PDF file problem.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post April 10, 2023, 06:39
by Growster...
xx
Yahoo emails - opening a file ?

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post June 07, 2021, 16:29
by mumofstig
xx
Think before you recycle.

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post April 05, 2021, 17:00
by al78

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 44 queries.