What makes you feel blessed?

• 8 Replies

Goosegirl

What makes you feel blessed?
« on: September 15, 2021, 12:44 »
I don't know about you, but I feel so blessed to still be here in a nice home with a wonderful husband, good neighbours, not rich by any means but can afford to pay the bills, my health is pretty good for someone my age, and have two extremely beautiful friends who mean the whole world to me. What about you?
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

GraciesGran

Re: What makes you feel blessed?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 12:54 »
Goosegirl, am in a very similar position to you.  Small group of friends, children settled, a gaggle of step grandchildren and grandchildren and altogether a nice life.

Very blessed.

jaydig

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 15:13 »
I agree with Goosegirl and Graciesgran - the things that really matter in life can't be bought. A happy, healthy family, good friends, a home of your own, the freedom to come and go as we please, a beautiful sunset, a child's hand in your's, wonderful memories of days gone by.  I'm sure we all have our own feel good things.  Snowy is right in saying being able to pay one's bills, because it must be awful to have to struggle, but being rich would be wasted on me because there's very little I want in life that I don't already have.

Lardman

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 21:56 »
I'm sure someone very smart said, true happiness comes not from having what you want, but wanting what you have.

MrsPea

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 16:07 »
Well put Goosegirl similar situation  :D
I Love my green house

snowdrops

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2021, 09:29 »
Yep pretty much sums me up too, my family & friends, being able to. So grateful I was able to give up working in a stressful environment early doors thanks to my parents generosity ( although I’d swap that for  more time with them in a heartbeat). I absolutely love being a Granny. Being able to garden, having my allotment. All makes for a really good life.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 09:30 by snowdrops »
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2021, 12:10 »
I was thinking about this t'other evening...

I'm so glad to be out of the property rat-race now. We (family and business partners) had a rotten time during the recession/depression of 2007/8, when all our schemes were hung up by disastrous banking and political issues all over the country. It really hurt.

Luckily, things changed later on, but by then, we were all getting ready for pensions, so I decided to call it a day, and left the others on great terms, and we remained good friends - which is a blessing in itself!

One of the main reasons why I re-started gardening in earnest, and happily joined our site here, is because the build up of steam in the dog-days just had to be assuaged, and growing stuff back on the allotment did a lot for that!

So, I'm blessed with lots of new friends here, gorgeous Mrs Growster, girls and grandkids, a lovely village life and now have all the time I need to just 'do things'! Pensions don't ever cover 'everything', but we don't need to do 'everything' nowadays, so the books balance - just..:0~

mrs bouquet

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2021, 12:39 »

I'm so glad to be out of the property rat-race now. We (family and business partners) had a rotten time during the recession/depression of 2007/8, when all our schemes were hung up by disastrous banking and political issues all over the country. It really hurt.~

Oh my, it really did hurt, mortgage rates so high and a bad climate generally.
But at least I am still here on this wonderful site to talk about it !    Mrs Bouquet

Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Growster...

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2021, 14:04 »

I'm so glad to be out of the property rat-race now. We (family and business partners) had a rotten time during the recession/depression of 2007/8, when all our schemes were hung up by disastrous banking and political issues all over the country. It really hurt.~

Oh my, it really did hurt, mortgage rates so high and a bad climate generally.
But at least I am still here on this wonderful site to talk about it !    Mrs Bouquet

Absolutely, Mrs B!

If anyone wants to rant and let off steam, there're plenty of other sites to do that, but 'ground rules' here (pun intended), mean that we all get on, make chums, help loads of new gardeners, re-advise old gardeners, (like me), forget a lot of problems, and find out what everyone had for lunch as well!

What more could members of a site like this wish for?

xx
mmm makes me wonder....

Started by Aidy on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post January 08, 2020, 23:01
by mrs bouquet
xx
It all makes work for the working man to do !!!!

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post October 28, 2019, 19:32
by wighty
xx
What a difference 3 hours makes

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post March 24, 2023, 09:59
by Debz
xx
What a difference a new estagent makes!

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post December 16, 2019, 14:04
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 47 queries.