The not so humble woodlouse

• 2 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
The not so humble woodlouse
« on: September 14, 2021, 22:03 »
Before you think I have finally and forever lost the plot, I was on this site looking for some uncommon and unusual terrarium plants.   I did know isopods are becoming a popular pet in the US, but I didn’t realise it was a ‘thing’ over here as well.

Before you all rush out to the garden these are tropical species, but if you happen to find a Rubber Ducky in the woodpile, you could be onto a serious earner  :lol:

https://www.microexotics.co.uk/store/Custodians-c44729160

I ordered my plants and bought a 5g pack of their Bio-live living soil starter.  I was expecting springtails and the odd tropical woodlouse, but what arrived was pretty populated  :ohmy:  I now have pet (?) little orange ones, pale silvery grey and a few natty zebra striped little chums, who immediately dived into the substrate and disappeared.  Made me wonder what the attraction was as pets if you never see them  ???  Oh well, at least my plants should be happy in their new eco-system  :lol:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: The not so humble woodlouse
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 09:06 »
 ::)   :lol: :lol:

Goosegirl

Re: The not so humble woodlouse
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 12:38 »
Don't mention woodlice to me!  :mad: When we moved here last year we kept getting dead and some live ones on the carpets especially right on the edges and we still get them now. I HATE them!  :mad: :mad: I also hate the noise they make as they rattle up the hoover.  :mad: :mad: :mad:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

xx
What happened to the humble Sandwich ?

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

109 Replies
Last post December 31, 2021, 08:06
by Growster...

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 38 queries.