A Shepherds Hut

• 3 Replies

mrs bouquet

A Shepherds Hut
« on: August 29, 2021, 14:28 »
Total luxury of course,  Booked for a few days next June.   My Daughter and S-in-L go with caravan .  It is about 20 min from home.   A farmer who has diversified.   There are 5 different size lakes and several fields for caravans and tents.  ie:   one for families with a play area, one for the competition fishmen, one for caravans and motorhomes etc.   My S-in-Law, likes to fish (he never catches anything !) but they book the same pitch on the edge of the largest lake with his own "swim"  (apparently that means a fishing area).
The facilities there a very 5 star and there is a lovely cafe/restaurant with decking going out onto the lake.
You have to book at least a year in advance, they are going in June for 12 days, and I am going Fri to Tuesday, in a Shephers Hut called Goliath.   It is the long way round and has been converted with minature double barn doors in the long side, it has a verandah which edges the lake and beside is a small grass area.
Totally enclosed.But you cannot fish from it (good) !  Inside it has a double bed and a rustic table and two chairs, a small fridge, tea coffee and chocolate with a kettle.  All made up and ready to go with a log burner as well.   Too good to be true, well it hasn't got a loo, but one of the 6 star shower blocks is a minutes walk.   Also, I get a voucher to go to the cafe for my breakfast.   There are two lovely steamer chairs on the verandah, and an outside light.   It is painted a lovely gentle blue inside and out with pretty gingham curtain etc.    I am so excited, like a kid waiting for Christmas.    Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: A Shepherds Hut
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 15:02 »
That sounds delightful, Mrs B.  :D

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 16:41 »
 How wonderful Mrs B, I love shepherds hut, you can buy new ones & old ones, I’ve wondered how I could possibly have one, would love an orchard where I could escape to but an estate house with matching garden just isn’t feasible. Although someone in the village in the same situation, I.e estate house etc has one on their drive that have it as an artist’s studio. I’d love to have a nose in. The Yorkshire Shepherdess has one they rent out  :nowink: Now that’s a possibility  :D
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2021, 18:47 »
Come down to beautiful Sussex and join us for a party at Sumners Ponds.   There a fabulous Lodges as well, if you don't fancy camping.   :)  Mrs B

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 38 queries.