Sausages in a tray bake

• 7 Replies

mrs bouquet

Sausages in a tray bake
« on: August 05, 2020, 21:08 »
Found some bangers in the bottom of freezer and I am thawing them.  If I put them in with my veggie/pulses bake, will they go brown ?     Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Sausages in a tray bake
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 21:20 »
Yes, but if you need to cook the tray bake for longer than about 35 mins, I'd part cook it and then add the sausages for the last half hour, they seem to burn if cooked for longer than that..

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 11:00 »
Thanks Mum.      :)

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 20:14 »
Toad in the hole!

Perfick for runner beans!

Thanks for the reminder, Mrs B and Mum!

;0)

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2020, 10:30 »
This is what I did, the sausages were an 8 pack, so fried them off,  then red onion, then the peppers and garlic
Then quickly fried the potato chunks I had already par-boiled.   Rinsed a tin of chick peas and same with mixed pulse beans,  put it all in a roasting tray with a tin of chopped toms.  Added, lots of black pepper, mixed herbs, and some cloves.   Then 3 heaped teaspoons of Ras Al Hanout.   Gave it all a good gentle mix and settled the sausages in, and popped it in the oven for about 45 minutes.
At this point there was a lot of washing up !!.    But the meal was scrummy, and there is enough for at least the next couple of night, which I shall eat cold  (I like it cold).   
This morning I had to clean the hob, and the oven  :( :(.     I have given this story chapter and verse, because it is not often I do a lot of prep. !!!!   So I was pleased with myself.    Mrs Bouquet

GraciesGran

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2020, 14:56 »
Sounds yummy.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2020, 21:03 »
This is what I did, the sausages were an 8 pack, so fried them off,  then red onion, then the peppers and garlic
Then quickly fried the potato chunks I had already par-boiled.   Rinsed a tin of chick peas and same with mixed pulse beans,  put it all in a roasting tray with a tin of chopped toms.  Added, lots of black pepper, mixed herbs, and some cloves.   Then 3 heaped teaspoons of Ras Al Hanout.   Gave it all a good gentle mix and settled the sausages in, and popped it in the oven for about 45 minutes.
At this point there was a lot of washing up !!.    But the meal was scrummy, and there is enough for at least the next couple of night, which I shall eat cold  (I like it cold).   
This morning I had to clean the hob, and the oven  :( :(.     I have given this story chapter and verse, because it is not often I do a lot of prep. !!!!   So I was pleased with myself.    Mrs Bouquet

Ras al hanout scares me, as I don't know how much spice it gives, and so I never use it.  How hot was your dish, Mrs B?  What level of standard curry heat would you say it matched? 
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

mrs bouquet

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2020, 17:10 »
Hi, Don't be worried about it.  As it comes in a little spice jar, you can use whatever your taste is.  I use a small teaspoon, and stir or shake the jar first, because the chilli flakes tend to be on the top.   If it is a tray bake I use 2 heaped teaspoons, and try to distribute evenly.    The chilli is the hot taste, but you can gently taste the other lovely spices, including the rose, in the background.   I would say it is the same a a mild curry.
Enjoy and see what suits you, perhaps try it on a small corner to start with.  ;)   Mrs Bouquet

xx
Bake Off 2014

Started by Asherweef on Kitchen Natter

35 Replies
Last post October 31, 2014, 18:50
by mumofstig
xx
what do you think about the new bake off programme

Started by chrissie B on Kitchen Natter

5 Replies
Last post May 22, 2016, 22:25
by chrissie B
xx
Do youngsters still bake cakes?

Started by Oliveview on Kitchen Natter

23 Replies
Last post December 05, 2013, 22:15
by sarajane
xx
One way to keep the house warm on a cold day... bake!

Started by mumofstig on Kitchen Natter

6 Replies
Last post May 15, 2020, 19:49
by Growster...

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 43 queries.