turkey was off, the ending.

• 40 Replies

robinahood

• Experienced Member
Re: Turkey was off pt 2 added
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2018, 05:59 »
Is that what counts as customer service these days, and you are a long standing and loyal one by the sounds of it. I would not give them another penny.

LILLILEAF

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2018, 09:31 »
If we had another choice we would not go back ever,but they are a big meat outlet open to the public,there prices are good as i can get 12 very large fresh chicken fillets for £12.99,the ones from the super markets seem very watery, they also have large pork chops we like with the skin on and bone in so you can have a chop with crackling,where as the super markets take the fat off and the bone out,they do ribs in packs for a reasonable price so we can put our own marinade on.
The butcher in the town has gone so we are stuck.
I know there are other butchers but there prices are a bit rich for my pocket.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2018, 09:51 »
It sounds as though you have the best outcome likely Lillileaf, and your persistence has paid off a little bit. If there has never been a problem with their meat before, hopefully the turkey incident was a one - off, but if there ever is again, I know you will be presenting the offending meat back to them pronto. I hope you never have to though
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2018, 10:04 »
These people might be of interest as they are primarily conservation and food is a byproduct. Quality is fantastic and the prices are surprisingly good
Online Shop - Rosewood Farm, York
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2018, 10:24 »
Johnny 6 over in Bangor do free home delivery all of Anglesey and their prices easily match Llech. We've used them since moving to North Wales so may be worth swapping to? The staff are lovely if ever a problem. You can order online through their website or phone and order in, they also have a facebook page with daily offers on which are worth checking out. Johnny 6 butchers Bangor North Wales

I also second Rosewood Farm. Robert is a lovely chap and he really cares about the conservation side. At the moment he's got an offer on for 20% extra meat on the diced and minced boxes he sells.

LILLILEAF

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2018, 08:49 »
Thank you for the sites on the butchers,i have had a look at the 2 sites very interesting.
I have decided we shall use our vouchers from the butcher i use at the moment,then i shall never ever use them again,i work very hard to earn my wage,so i want to spend it on good quality meat and not some thing i have to chuck in the bin.
I know i stood my ground on the bad turkey issue,but it should never have come to that.
Thanks to everyone for there advice on this problem.Lillileaf

LILLILEAF

turkey was off, the ending.
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2018, 21:59 »
I finally got a small result after a long wait,as most of you will know our turkey was off,when we took it out of the bag on Christmas day,it smelt really bad >:(.
I have phoned the owner,he said after much moaning and complaining from me! about the turkey,he would give us vouchers for £20.00,the turkey cost £26.40,i went to the shop to pick up the vouchers the owner was not in the shop,the shop manager said she would post the vouchers to me,i gave her our address,she said she would post first thing the following Monday,they did not arrive :mad:
I went to the shop yesterday finally I got the vouchers I will go 1 last time use the vouchers up and never go back.Lillileaf

snowdrops

Re: turkey was off, the ending.
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2018, 07:45 »
I don’t blame you I wouldn’t be going back either, very poor service for regular customers or not so regular customers. I once stopped frequenting a greengrocers over 2 oranges & a lot of rudeness about trying to get my silver cross prom in. Would rather go without than shop there again. Their loss I used to spend £10/15 a week there 30 years ago.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2018, 11:22 »
I don’t blame you I wouldn’t be going back either, very poor service for regular customers or not so regular customers. I once stopped frequenting a greengrocers over 2 oranges & a lot of rudeness about trying to get my silver cross prom in. Would rather go without than shop there again. Their loss I used to spend £10/15 a week there 30 years ago.
Snap! I did the same with my small Sainsbury’s over 30 years ago. They didn’t like me in with my silver cross. I told them I would do my weekly shop elsewhere. ...... and I never went back.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2018, 14:55 »
It gives you no faith in them or their products when they are so willing to lie, fob you off and generally treat you like manure.
They're not very clever business people either - they've managed to give you £20 and lose your custom. I don't know how much you spent there each week but call it £10 and that means they've lost over a thousand pounds worth of trade over the next couple of years. If they'd refunded your money plus a £20 apology they'd have been better off in the long run.

LILLILEAF

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2018, 19:12 »
It has been a long and drawn out issue,i nearly gave up a last week I had had enough,but on Saturday I was near the shop,so as bold as brass I asked for my vouchers,i gave them no chance to argue,i will never go back,and to think we have spent a lot of money there since it was open,i have also sent a lot of people there saying how good their products are,i will never do it again,im finished with them forever.Lillileaf

xx
is it turkey for Christmas ?

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

26 Replies
Last post December 16, 2022, 10:58
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 50 queries.