Fox Watch

• 6 Replies

Honeysuckle

• Experienced Member
  • Kira & Bruin
Fox Watch
« on: May 04, 2009, 20:50 »
Picking up something that was mentioned in another thread - the fox watch - I'm assuming it's sonic?  If so, does anybody know if they affect dogs?  I have a dog so the last thing I want to do is to set one up only to drive her out of the garden as well as foxes!   :wacko:
2 German Shepherds, Kira & Bruin, 4 hybrid chicks Chryssie, Violet, Sweet Pea and Astra.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: Fox Watch
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 20:53 »
The FoxWatch is tuned to the hearing of foxes which is slightly different to dogs.

I have a friend with a FoxWatch and a dog and it doesn't cause it any problems.

raeburg

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 00:13 »
I have an ultrasonic thingy but it's more for keeping rats out of the garden ( and it seems to have done so).  Doesn't bother my cats but haven't tested it with dogs!

nnbreeder

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 04:05 »
The best thing is a very strong coop and run. Once it's built be sure to check it over often too as things can come loose and wire can rust which weakens it.

When we lived in town there were a pair of red Fox that came around and I really wanted to get a better look at one so I set a live trap for it. Even built a box out of wood and attached it to the front and put a half grown bird in it so it would have to enter through the door and trip the trap.

I sat at the window and watched that Fox walk around the trap checking it out. He even looked over the inside without going far enough in to trip the door. and then he dug all around the outside of the trap trying to find another way to get to the chick. Once he found that he could not get to the chick he gave up. Went a few doors down to eat cat food left out. I often saw him in the early morning hours after that but he never again tried our pens.

compostqueen

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 10:10 »
I've got a Foxwatch but it says on the box "does not work on deaf foxes"   :D ::) :nowink:

I would beef up all defences and use it just as belt and braces.  I wouldn't rely on it alone to protect them

chicklit

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 16:14 »
Honeysuckle, I'm intreagued by this product. I rang a supplier and they said dogs are not affected. But found a website that says they are. I have dogs who sleep very close to the chicken pen day and night, I'm very tempted to buy one but not if they are affected. I take on board though that Auntie's friend has no trouble. Would like to hear from anyone else who has used one to see how effective they are and the dog issue etc......
" LIFE'S TOUGH, BUT IT'S EVEN TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID" John Wayne

Dal

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 18:14 »
I have dogs who sleep very close to the chicken pen day and night, I'm very tempted to buy one but not if they are affected.
The FoxWatch is put out by Concept Research and they offer a 90 day refund if you're not 100% satisfied.

xx
Fox watch

Started by agingchick on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post June 16, 2009, 11:01
by agingchick
xx
Watch out...!

Started by Lost in France on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post May 11, 2008, 22:26
by peggyprice
xx
Chicken Watch

Started by Barry J Scott on The Hen House

19 Replies
Last post March 07, 2007, 20:31
by muntjac
xx
Watch the Birdy !

Started by Bodger on The Hen House

21 Replies
Last post January 27, 2008, 23:09
by Fat Hen

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 35 queries.