Watch out...!

• 7 Replies

Lost in France

• Experienced Member
Watch out...!
« on: May 10, 2008, 18:59 »
Had our first shearing lesson yesterday so now anything that moves must watch out!! I've been looking at the silkies and they do look sooooo inviting...all that lovely fluff...mmmm! They would make just purrrfect subjects to have another go at!!!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol: OH was pretty good so I'll have to keep him off them and make him wait till we do the alpacas in June! It was great, atmoshere wonderful and topped off with a lovely seafood meal at the end! We were so late back that we ended up out there feeding the alpacas by torchlight!! Pity we are getting our early morning call from the seranading peacocks at the moment as a lie-in would have been great this morning!! Oh isn't life wonderful when the sun shines??!! :wink:

Judi

agapanthus

Watch out...!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 19:02 »
It sure is Judi !!!!! :wink:

babe

• elvis king of chooks
Watch out...!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 19:16 »
STEP AWAY FROM THE CHICKENS WITH THE CLIPPERS!!!

are you going to spin your own wool too? alpaca wool is so soft. i have an alpaca rug in the bedroom and i just adore it

Lost in France

• Experienced Member
Watch out...!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 21:16 »
Babe ...Well I do have a spinning wheel and...years ago...used to be quite good at knitting but...just need some time to learn how to spin! I am keeping the fleeces and maybe next winter will have a go at spinning them. The baby/first fleeces are specially gorgeous...I will have 2 this year. I have a vision of me as an old lady spinning...probably be an old lady before I find time! When I do have any time, I just want to sit in the field with the alpacas grazing around me...making their cute little humming noises! I'm totally besotted...still love my girlies and Buster though! Plan to introduce them to the alpacas soon...just let Mr Fox try and get them with alpacas and peacocks to guard them!! Will they be the safest girlies in the world!!

Judi :wink:

agapanthus

Watch out...!
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 21:18 »
Quote from: "babe"
STEP AWAY FROM THE CHICKENS WITH THE CLIPPERS!!!

can feathers be spun???? :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Jellyhead

Watch out...!
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 09:25 »
Only when your chickens go dizzy :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!

Lost in France

• Experienced Member
Watch out...!
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 10:49 »
Maybe they could be made into special jumpers for Babe's girlies??! How would bald ex-batts feel in silkie jumpers??!  :roll: I'd love a jumper made of silkie feathers...maybe I should just collect them when they moult! How could I even suggest such a thing, I love my girls too much?!  :wink:

Judi

peggyprice

Watch out...!
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 22:26 »
Quote from: "Lost in France"
Maybe they could be made into special jumpers for Babe's girlies??! How would bald ex-batts feel in silkie jumpers??!  :roll: I'd love a jumper made of silkie feathers...maybe I should just collect them when they moult! How could I even suggest such a thing, I love my girls too much?!  :wink:

Judi

How about jumpers knitted from homespun alpaca wool, with silkie feathers hand stitched all over them ...?  :wink:
Nobody said this was going to be easy ... but some days are better than others!

xx
Fox Watch

Started by Honeysuckle on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post May 05, 2009, 18:14
by Dal
xx
Fox watch

Started by agingchick on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post June 16, 2009, 11:01
by agingchick
xx
Chicken Watch

Started by Barry J Scott on The Hen House

19 Replies
Last post March 07, 2007, 20:31
by muntjac
xx
Watch the Birdy !

Started by Bodger on The Hen House

21 Replies
Last post January 27, 2008, 23:09
by Fat Hen

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 35 queries.