Coughing and discharge from beak

• 16 Replies

splash101

Re: Coughing and discharge from beak
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2013, 16:49 »
Coccidiosis is treatable. It also spreads very easy to other birds and kills quite quickly too. 

You can add a treatment Coxoid to their drinking water which is very effective if caught early enough and is cheaper than a visit to the vets. Probably not much use to you now but if anyone else has a similar problem it may help them.

You will also need to clean down with Bio-oo-cyst to kill off the oocyst to prevent other birds picking up the illness.

Im not sure their only problem is coccidiosis, i dont think there is coughing, sneezing or beak discharge associated with it. If they are generally not in good health from one illness, then they would probably be susceptible to other illnesses which the antibiotics should treat.

I cant advise whether you should have the chickens replaced but if you do, make sure you have treated the area with Bio-oo-cyst, otherwise you will be back at square one.

chickadee11

Re: Coughing and discharge from beak
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2013, 17:32 »
The supplier is now saying it's not coccidiosis as they have been vaccinated but anyway I will get some of that cleaning stuff that you mentioned ASAP and thoroughly wash everything.
Chick

xx
Hen with watery discharge from eye and nasal cavities

Started by dheath44 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post June 29, 2012, 18:57
by Helenaj
xx
Watery nasal discharge (snotty chicks).

Started by JaK on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post August 13, 2011, 22:21
by JaK
xx
Liz is coughing

Started by sunshinemedic on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post October 04, 2008, 19:04
by Jellyhead
xx
Gurgling and coughing

Started by camelliagirl on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post November 08, 2012, 21:41
by joyfull

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 35 queries.