Chainsaws

• 5 Replies

jezza

Chainsaws
« on: December 26, 2019, 20:46 »
Hello I know that folks will be saying not again  if any one got a chainsaw for Christmas Please Please use them safely  chainsaw gear is cheaper than half a day out with an under taker  boxing day is the anniversary of the day a man who I knew used a chainsaw with out safety trousers he wad going to cut a log it was icy the chain slid off the ice and went into his leg cut the general artery he bled out in 10 minutes     jezza

Goosegirl

Re: Chainsaws
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 11:57 »
Very wise advice there. Same goes for anything with cutting blades that uses petrol or electricity such as hedge-trimmers, shredders, power drills etc and, if you have to use anything that has a toxic element, please read the advice on the label. If anyone thinks it makes them more of a man by ignoring all the caveats then I suggest they don't decide to shin up a big tree to cut the overhanging branches off unless they want to sing a la castrato.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

erikaz1

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 20:58 »
Sound advice. I wouldn't dare use mine without my chainsaw pants, regardless of how hot they are or how little cutting I was going to do. They're scary beasts but sometimes the best tool for the job. Stay safe folks :)

BIG ZOOK

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 13:06 »
Good sound advice. Although cutting logs looks an easy job ,there is a lot to think about,regarding what the tip of the bar is coming into contact with. I always dress for the occasion.
563306_10201246607982339_187295215_n.jpg

rowlandwells

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 17:28 »
I've used chainsaws for many years and I always say you must treat them with respect there a good tool for doing the job there intended to do and not abused

keep the chain sharp keep it topped up with chain oil and always think safety first as apriority not just for the one that's using it but those around you when your using it

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2020, 17:30 »
I shall never forget being shown a pair of post-accident chainsaw trousers, which had done the job they were intended for.  You could see that the padding had been chewed up a bit, but it had stopped the chainsaw; and the person underneath - who was a professional - was not injured.

If that can happen to someone who knows what they're doing, it can happen to anyone.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

xx
Chainsaws

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post October 20, 2019, 19:13
by jezza
xx
Chainsaws

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post January 07, 2023, 13:54
by rowlandwells

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 45 queries.