We have the most gorgeous puppy here

• 50 Replies

Oliveview

Re: We have the most gorgeous puppy here
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 13:42 »
If she is still with us and not taken a turn for the worst by the weekend I will take a photo.  I do not want to tempt fate..... she is so black she will probably be hard to photograph!

Still fighting the hand that feeds her!!

Pamela

Oliveview

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2012, 13:12 »
Pup, who I have named Laura, is not well.  We spent all night with her last night, Jim from  12-2,  then me from 2-6.30 and then I went back to bed and Jim took over.  Poor pup´s breathing was terrible. I have tried to get hold of the vet by his emergency number but no luck so have sent a text message.  There are other vets in the town, but only ´offices´ no surgery's, and no emergency contact numbers. I think our vet is on holiday, he has another vet work with him, I did hope she would pick up the call/text.
I am so tired today.  The water bottle that is under Pup´s bed is leaking now, so Jim is getting a new one.
I wish I could get hold of the person who dumped the pups >:(

I am praying little pup is not in pain.  I want to speak to the vet about that, and if she is, I know what I have to do sadly.

Pamela

maxyboo

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2012, 14:54 »
So sorry Pamela. I hope you have manged to get someone to help by now. I know you will give her every chance but will not cause her to suffer unduly. Thinking of you both.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2012, 15:27 »
So sorry Pamela, you must feel so helpless at the moment.  I hope the vet has got back to you.
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Oliveview

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2012, 21:54 »
Pup (Laura) is much calmer, she is sleeping on the rug next to Charlie,  the vet said our dogs will be ok as they have all been vaccinated. As long as pup is on the stinky rug by Charlie she  is fine (ish)  I think he reminds her of her adopted Mum, she was a cross lab (with very short legs)
Off for a sleep, Jim is doing the first sitting till 2am I am doing the 2am-6.20am slot!

Pamela

ehs284

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2012, 08:26 »
Suggestion to ask vet; how about giving her small amounts of electrolytes in her drink? Usually given to people with diarrhoea/vomiting and, even though she is not dehydrated, might help her general metabolism and thus immune system.
Hope all goes well.

Oliveview

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2012, 11:13 »
She is having the drink the vet said, Aquarius, it has all the minerals etc in for a sick person he said. 
I bought some baby food today at the little shop near us, chicken and veg, I had to mash down the veg, I added some aquarius water to the food to make it thinner and fed her about 3 teaspoons of that, she has kept it down, so I will feed her every 2 hours or so.
My friend rang the vet last night (he had been on holiday) he said it would be a long haul, but it is not impossible.  She won´t lose her life by our lack of trying. 
She has distemper  :(  It is a similar virus to measles it seems, hence the infected eyes.  I hope she does not go blind.  I have drops for her eyes. She is walking ´upright´ not hunched down and when her eyes itch she stands on 3 legs to rub her eyes....  surely it would be easier to sit down, so I am putting that as a good sign too. She has lost a lot of weight, luckily she was a tubby pup.   
I have washed all the dogs bedding with some bleach, just incase, they have had a good rinse!  Jumbo is not happy he has no bedding to lay on!!  He should be outside in the sunshine, not indoors with us!

Pamela

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2012, 11:20 »
We lost a puppy to distemper when I was a kid.  It managed to get out of the house before it had all its jabs.   :ohmy:

She sounds as if she is improving slowly, hope she continues to improve.

Oliveview

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2012, 13:32 »
I feel it is 2 steps forward and 1 step back all the time.  Poor Laura wants to be with the other dogs, but I decided not to let her, just incase the vet is wrong and our lot catch it too. This morning every bit of their bedding got washed with bleach in the water..... which makes me ask...... why if I splash a tiny bit of water with bleach on onto my clothing I get a white mark, but I washed the bedding in the washing machine, added a cap of bleach (the washing liquid cap) and the bedding does not have any white marks, odd!

PAmela

maxyboo

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2012, 13:36 »
You and Jim are doing such a great job. She has the best chance possible with all the care and attention she is getting. I know what you mean about not wanting her to mix with your other dogs. I would worry too. Does she have a big furry soft toy to cuddle up to?

Oliveview

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2012, 14:44 »
No, a hot water bottle though. 

Pamela

spottymint

Re: Re: We have the most gorgeous puppy here
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2012, 15:29 »
Bleach splashed on you is probably more concentrated, then the capful in the whole drum of the washing machine. Hence it bleaches your clothes, but not the bedding.

Just a thought.

Hope little one is OK and picks up soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Oliveview

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2012, 08:41 »
We are back to the vet this morning,  what he will advise I do not know.  Laura (pup)  is breathing very noisily this morning and her weight is down about 200g in 3 days. She is still feisty when I feed her though, so I hope that is a good sign, she fights like mad being fed,she is like a tiger!

Pamela

Thrift

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2012, 10:02 »
Poor little pup ..... she's a real fighter and seems determined to survive.

You and Jim must be exhausted - you deserve a medal for your dedication!  :happy:

Oliveview

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2012, 14:57 »
Little pup is on a drip at the vet. He had terrible trouble finding her vein. I know what I will be wishing at midnight.

Pamela

xx
Puppy will not eat puppy food

Started by wendyg on Pets without Feathers

2 Replies
Last post November 28, 2011, 13:37
by arugula
xx
New Puppy!

Started by HelenK on Pets without Feathers

13 Replies
Last post October 08, 2010, 16:12
by Thrift
xx
Puppy!!!!

Started by YoungChickenLover on Pets without Feathers

16 Replies
Last post November 26, 2012, 15:32
by Oliveview
clip
welcome to our new puppy

Started by mjg000 on Pets without Feathers

3 Replies
Last post December 13, 2017, 09:20
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 38 queries.