Turbo cider/Ribena wine

• 3 Replies

theboywhowouldnthoecorn

• Ollerton catering
Turbo cider/Ribena wine
« on: February 15, 2012, 16:14 »
Hi New to the forum and great to see a brewing section so thought i would throw in a couple of very easy recipes.Turbo cider is something that has taken off for people wanting to brew something quick and strong.Simply buy 5 x 1 litre cartons of the cheapest apple juice money can buy from the local super market and simply pour into a glass demijohn with a sachet of yeast just at room temperature shake and pop in the bubbler and leave for 4-5 days and hey presto you have cider ready to bottle and can be drunk immediatley.Quite strong and dry.Also try same recipe with ribena costs a bit more but you actually end up with a very nice rose still keeping the ribena taste can take an extra week to ferment but well worth it.You can do these with almost anything in a carton and thing is no sugar needed as they already have high sugar content to start with.Hope someone gives them a go  :lol:
wasnt me

Toni D

Re: Turbo cider/Ribena wine
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 15:26 »
Turbo Cider is always better if you use a cider yeast/champagne yeast, Tannin will also help.
It takes a lot longer than 5 days to ferment out, & then after racking, if you leave it for a few months it will taste better than the rubbish you can get in the shops :tongue2:.

If you want to ferment Ribena, you will have to boil it first to kill off the preservatives.

Lawrence

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 19:21 »
I never could see why thay call it "Turbo" cider, Its no quicker than regular cider! unless you start with actual apples of course, lol.
There is a product out there called turbo yeast, which ferments out in 24 hours and that I can understand, but not this recipe.

Alastair-I

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 16:44 »
Well I've just topped up my second and thirds demi-johns of TC, the first was bottled at the end of last week and will sit for a while.  I can report that the pint that wouldn't fit in the 2x 2l PET bottles was very drinkable even without significant maturing.

I've been reading through several threads on TC and came across a variation using a Polish fruit syrup.  So, #2 is straight juice, no sugar, 1 cup stewed tea and the juice of a lemon; #3 is juice, 1 bottle Łowicz raspberry syrup, 1 cup stewed tea and the juice of a lemon.

I'll let you know what they're like in a couple of months :D

xx
Turbo Cider

Started by calli on Homebrew

6 Replies
Last post July 21, 2007, 15:46
by calli
xx
Turbo cider

Started by A. Fallowfield on Homebrew

62 Replies
Last post June 07, 2010, 19:30
by kems
xx
Turbo Cider

Started by Sadgit on Homebrew

22 Replies
Last post May 21, 2009, 20:26
by Jay Dubya
xx
Ribena Wine

Started by SANDRA on Homebrew

2 Replies
Last post June 20, 2008, 17:43
by SANDRA

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 35 queries.