Success with a 'Photo

• 6 Replies

mrs bouquet

Success with a 'Photo
« on: August 13, 2018, 12:20 »
Many of you will know that I am not very good at this techno stuff.   But today, a person on email asked for a 'photo of my dodgy velux window.    I took a snap with the camera and loaded the blue card into laptop, then got stuck - didn't know what to do next.
Then I had an idea  :ohmy:.   Try the I-pad,   took the pics, and managed to send them to him on his email.
I didn't know how to send two together, so I sent one, and then the other.   
I know it sounds pathetic,  but I have never done anything like that before, so I feel pretty please with myself.
Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

madcat

Re: Success with a 'Photo
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 14:47 »
Not pathetic at all - very resourceful!  Once you start to get your head around things, the next step comes easier.  You will soon get the hang of it ...  Go Girl!   :)
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 14:51 »
Well done Mrs. B.  :)

I find I'm quite good at working out how to do most of the techie stuff, but not nearly as good at remembering how I did it six months later!  :lol:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 15:06 by JayG »
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

DanielCoffey

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 16:04 »
Mrs B - another tip for you ...

When sharing pictures taken with the iPad camera, when you have put them in an email ready to send, you will probably see just below the "Send" button something like "Images: 2Mb"... if you tap the "Images" label you can choose whether to send the photo in Original size or have it shrunk down to Small, Medium or Large which means it will be sent quicker.

Quite often, Medium or Large is probably enough if you are just sending a quick snap or something that is "look once and delete". You can then keep the Original size if it is more of a "look closely at this thing" situation.

It is not as important when you (and the recipient) have landline broadband but if you (or they) are using a mobile connection, it can be really helpful.

It remembers your preference between pictures too.

EDIT : Oh, and if you want to send more pictures in an email at the same time, tap the Share icon (the square with the up arrow on it) and you will see a blue tick on the bottom right of the picture. You can then tap several other pictures and it will turn the blue tick on or off for those too. Then, when you tap the Mail icon, all the ticked pictures will be added to the one email ready for sending.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 16:08 by DanielCoffey »

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 16:58 »
Thanks for all that info, I did look at the share button, but wasn't sure.   I need another couple of quotes, so I shall probably have to send them on again.  But I must try a remember how to do it !   Cheers everybody.   Mrs Bouquet  :) :)

DanielCoffey

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 12:12 »
If you have taken pics with the iPad, then tap the Photos app and find the recent pics. Tap the Share icon (box with the up arrow) and you will see little versions of the recent pictures across the top.

Next you can swipe through the pictures and tap to select as many as you want to share (look for the little blue tick in a circle - it toggles on or off).

If it is visible, ignore the AirDrop icon. You want to look below that to the row that has Message, Mail, iCloud Photo Sharing, Save to PDF and More. Tap the Mail icon and it will open up the Mail app ready for you to select the recipient and type a message.

At any time you can tap Cancel to back out if you change your mind.

Many of us will have tablets so ask lots of "How do I..." questions.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 19:45 »
Do you mind if I print that info and keep it in my folder, regards, Mrs Bouquet

clip
Success at Last!

Started by sunshineband on Chatting on the Plot

14 Replies
Last post September 05, 2018, 20:05
by sunshineband
clip
photo

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post September 04, 2019, 13:17
by Goosegirl
clip
a photo for you all !

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post July 03, 2018, 09:03
by mrs bouquet
xx
Photo Printing

Started by Elaine G on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post April 24, 2019, 15:27
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 46 queries.