Hi all

• 1 Replies

quarry901

Hi all
« on: June 29, 2013, 21:14 »
Hi guys. We are new to the chicken game but have thought about it for ages so instead of talking we bought a Eglu of some great people that only live 10 min away and last Saturday went to Storres Farm at Oxspring in Barnsley and picked up our first three girls Hatty (white star), Ethel (warren) and Dot (Blue bell).(pics to follow). Why did we wait so long. They are the funniest, chatty busiest things in the world. Always ready for fun and games and started laying on the first day. They get better fed and more attention than I get and boy do they like maggots and mealworms. We do seem to have a problem with Dot though. She was the first to lay but soon after she has taken to laying down all the time, she wont compete for food and does not eat much at all, and she has really runny poo, no blood, foam, etc . Also her comb has gone from bright red to pink. I dont know if its the upset of moving in or maybe she has worms. Any ideas??

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: Hi all
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 12:42 »
Hello and welcome quarry901.   :D

It could be the move and change of food.  Best not to give them too many treats, they need all the nutrients of layers pellets to help form their eggs.  If you are concerned you may be best contacting your supplier who will tell you when they were wormed and what with etc.

Looking forward to seeing photos of your new girls.   :)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 36 queries.