watering systems for hanging baskets

• 3 Replies

rowlandwells

watering systems for hanging baskets
« on: November 01, 2011, 10:56 »
i've  been thinking about installing  a watering system for our hanging baskets having seen some already being used our local pub had them installed two years ago and they have proved to work very effectively they had a really good show of petunia in there baskets this year

i believe there's works off a timer i bought the pipe and the fittings some time ago but never got round to installing them but i have to say watering the traditional way is much time consuming when you both go to work

also i find the baskets need watering more often than once a day when we are at work has anyone installed their own watering system for there baskets and if so has it proved a success

Auntiemogs

Re: watering systems for hanging baskets
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 11:12 »
Hiya! Haven't installed a system for my baskets (although I will do next year) but got my veggie beds plumbed up several years ago and it has been an absolute godsend.  :)
I set my timer for one hour twice a day and just leave it to do the hard work.
It drip-feeds the water to the soil slowly so it has time to soak in which is great when it has been paticularly hot and dry.
Plumbing up the greenhouse, new raised bed and baskets next year. Adjustable drippers are so cheap now...
Hope this helps.
Margaret  :tongue2:
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

tallulah

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 13:36 »
Sounds a great idea. Where's the best place to buy them? Would they work with just an upturned plastic bottle, or are they connected to a tap?

Auntiemogs

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 17:19 »
I have a timer which is connected to my outside tap and runs on batteries and you can get them with one or more outlets. U can also get more simple ones where you just twist the timer to the anount of minutes you want to water for.
I started off with a kit but there are some really good deals on ebay now (kits and individual bits).
You can get all sorts of different drippers (I've just bought a large bag of adjustable ones so I can control how much various plants get), misters, sprays etc.
I really wouldn't be without it as I find it difficult to 'water up'sometimes and it's great for if I go away for a while.
 :tongue2:

xx
Automatic Watering systems

Started by Knight Family on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post August 03, 2010, 10:25
by Knight Family
xx
WATERING SYSTEMS.....and low water pressure

Started by pookey on Equipment Shed

8 Replies
Last post May 01, 2007, 22:51
by shaun
xx
Irrigation Systems

Started by JimG on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post July 06, 2008, 15:35
by JimG
xx
Needing a good watering can or watering can rose. Any recommendations?

Started by timdunn on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post May 17, 2020, 10:37
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 36 queries.