• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: printable Jam Labels
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 20:56 »
love the Martha Stewart ones, thanks  :D
Staffies are softer than you think.

Kleftiwallah

Re: printable jar labels for jams etc
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 12:03 »

Try AllMyLabels.Com.   leads you through the process.     Cheers,    Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

compostqueen

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 12:08 »
I love the job of labelling the preserves, not just the labels but the decorative frilly tops etc etc  It's a real labour of love and the sense of smugness and joy I get out of it is perhaps sad but I don't care.  I was in the bowels of my pantry this morning searching out the best jars and now the dishwasher is once again full of tops and bottoms and the sticky stuff remover is doing its stuff  :D   Bring it on

Ta for the links. I may be gone for some time  :D

Maryann

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 12:50 »
Thank you so much for these links. I normally design my own using Avery labels but have been looking for something more professional or just more fun for ages. Brill.
I Came.....I Saw......I Composted

Maryann

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 18:51 »
I'm not having much luck with the labels - I tried printing off the ones on 'All My Labels' but nothing came out - just empty boxes with the little red cross in the box.

Also I have lots of Avery self adhesive labels on sheets of 21 labels (7 down and 3 across) which I normally use for my jams etc but can I print these designs (when I get them to work) off onto these labels.

Help  :(

compostqueen

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 22:21 »
I got a roll of fancy labels from Lakeland. They might have some in Wilko though as they have everything else in store at the moment for jams and preserves.

You could use Word to make the labels using the Avery template for your chosen label and then import a graphic or border. The label should have a reference which you have to choose from a selection within Avery via MS Word

I'll have a look at the links and see if I can make some

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 22:28 »
I bought some labels with fancy borders from the jam jar shop and did roughly what compostqueen did.  I used the Avery template to fit the bought labels and just used word to write a suitable description inside the border.
Cheese makes everything better.

compostqueen

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 22:34 »
I struck out with Allmylabels as well.  I tried both routes, using the link and then trying to save the label I'd made and opening it. It failed to open so saved it again and opened it in Allfiles. That failed too

Maryann

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 10:07 »
I finally managed to print some very nice labels using the "All my labels" label.
I selected the style of label and filled in the details.
Then right clicked on 'finished' design and selected 'copy'
Opened up my saved word template document (I always use same one for all my own labels - it's an A4 page of 21 labels). and pasted the label into a blank space on template, where the 'All my labels' finished label appears.
Then you click on the copied label and the borders and handles appear around it, click format in toolbar, then picture and you get a box which allows you to resize it etc.
I use the box which says 'in line with text' as it seems to work for me and the size is around 3.15 x 5.05 and 84% ratio. I know it sounds complicated but it actually only takes a couple of minutes to set up once you get the first one right.

Once I get the first one complete to fit my label etc I just copy and paste it across the template and do a save as.....Raspberry jam label or whatever.

Just a quick note - I normally print it out onto a blank piece of A4 paper when I have just got the one label completed just to check it fits onto the label sheet nicely. If you are using the Avery A4 self adhesive labels you can hold the two sheets up to the light and see if the label is sitting inside the label perfectly before you print them out.
Hope this helps - I'm sorry if it sounds messy, I promise it isn't! I'll try to find a way to post a picture if I can.

Maryann

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 11:23 »
I'm not sure if this will work but trying to attach my word doc label template for you to see.
Ah, no it wont let me attach a word doc, sorry.

compostqueen

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 12:29 »
I've always done this holding sheets of paper up to the light to check it lines up before commiting a sheet of labels or letterhead etc

I made jam yesterday and used the Lakeland labels and my best pen and handwriting  :D

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 19:34 »
I've used Lakeland labels plus bestpen/writing for years n' years as well, but having looked at these ones I shall try to learn how to print some of them  :D
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011, 10:33 »
Problem.  .  .  . Just came to print a set of labels for my Damson Jelly and all I get is a set of oblongs with red Xs in the top left hand corner. :ohmy:

The labels I printed out earlier were great.   :happy:   Cheers,    Tony.

Maryann

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 15:49 »
Tony - did you use All My Labels? Also what are you using to print your labels on?
If you use All My Labels and Avery self adhesive A4 size sheets of lables then do this...............
You need to go through the preparation bit - fill in the details and then ask it to process one label.
Then hold your cursor over the label it produces and right click to get menu - choose copy.
Go to page where your label template is.
Click in the place you wish to paste it
Then click on 'edit' from toolbar at top of page.
There should be 2 options. Paste and Paste special. Click on Paste special and you will get another options box which gives you choice of html or bitmap
Click bitmap and it will paste the prepared label into your label template.

Is this what you are trying to do - if not let me know and I will try and type up the steps you need to follow in an easier to read mode.

xx
First Jams

Started by kevinp on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

11 Replies
Last post August 18, 2010, 16:07
by hamstergbert
xx
Jams and Preserves

Started by digital_biscuit on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

9 Replies
Last post September 17, 2008, 09:40
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Jams and Chutney Jars

Started by apes1978 on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

7 Replies
Last post July 06, 2007, 15:14
by GrannieAnnie
xx
My list of jams is getting looooonger..

Started by Casey76 on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

2 Replies
Last post August 04, 2010, 15:50
by Casey76

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 55 queries.