Flu injection

• 10 Replies

jezza

Flu injection
« on: October 05, 2020, 19:54 »
Hello ive just got in from a doctors appointment for the flu injection,was asked to get there early went in didn't even have time to sit down as the nurse came out of her room, was out of the surgery before the appointment time   jezza

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Flu injection
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 20:41 »
Mine is next Monday.
I've told not to arrive early and to be no more than 5 minutes late, or I will miss my turn ::) In effect it means I'll have to wait outside until I'm allowed in for the jab  :D
Best get it done though as OAPs (at least) are getting a jab with adjuvant added which improves immune response generally.

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 21:36 »
Plotfather and I had to announce our arrival at the surgery through a new intercom and then wait outside for the nurse to come and get us! No waiting room in use at our surgery now.

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 06:31 »
They were fabulous at our surgery, a month ago.

We were given a time, but they had a 'rolling' admission for each hour, which meant that if you were a few minutes early, you got the jab within a minute or so! Checking in, temperature etc. was a doddle, and banter was easy as well!

Well done anyone getting the thing, our nurses are so clever, that they usually say 'sharp scratch' after the event!

GraciesGran

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 06:53 »
Done yesterday.  Arrive no more than 5 minutes before appointment time wearing mask then in the door, temperature taken, check your name, jab your arm and out the back door.  Smooth operation. 

DanielCoffey

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 07:15 »
We haven't had ours yet but since my wife is profoundly disabled and I am her full-time carer we both get done at home by the District Nursing team. It is always very smoothly done.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2020, 11:33 »
I had mine done a couple of weeks ago.  I had rung the docs, and wasn't convinced, so I book on-line a jab at Tesco (still NHS free).   
As it happened a few days before that date, I had to go to another surgery for blood tests, and said to the nurse could she do a flu jab, so she did.     I cancelled Tesco, although their consulting room is squeaky clean.  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2020, 17:08 »

I've never had one and don't intend to. :)

Cheers,  Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

Debz

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2020, 17:13 »
The other half has just had his done.  Reckons he was in the surgery for a total on 90 seconds.  They were running a very efficient service there today.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2020, 21:29 »
Mum had hers done at the local pharmacy - saved a trip to the doctors  :)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

GraciesGran

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2020, 06:24 »
Daughter has just had to persuade the guys where she works to have theirs.  She is HR for a bin company - the prize for a flu jab is a coffee, a doughnut and a rather natty superman plaster.

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 52 queries.