Tomerite and Seaweed

• 2 Replies

omits

Tomerite and Seaweed
« on: August 19, 2023, 11:37 »
When is the best time to buy this for next year? I see B&Q have it @ 2.5Ltr for 13.55 and 1Ltr Liquid Seaweed for 9. Perhaps around December?

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Tomerite and Seaweed
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2023, 20:54 »
I usually find December a bit hit and miss for gardening stuff.  It tends to get shoved out of the way for the seasonal decorations in most DIY sheds and garden centres.

My local garden centres quite often have pre-season offers on fertilisers very early in the year when they have packed away the tinsel and are setting the garden sundries section back up.  Last year I got some very good deals and stashed enough for the whole season.  Other options would be the shops like B&M, Home Bargains, or The Range.  They only offer gardening stuff over the spring and summer, so sometimes you can be lucky this time of year when they are clearing summer stuff away. In the spring when they are setting it back up again, they sometimes have offers as well.  It would be a bit later than the garden centre deals - say March/April rather than January/February.

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
Re: Tomerite and Seaweed
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2023, 02:56 »
If by seaweed, you mean seaweed extract products, They usually have a limited shelf life, beyond which some of the active ingredients (natural plant growth hormones) may no longer be useful. On the other hand, the trace elements and nutrient components will still be useful.

The packaging should have an "expiry date".  Make sure that your purchase is dated beyond when you expect to use the product, especially if you want the benefits of the plant hormones.  If you need the product to have active plant hormones in July, a product that expires in May will disappoint you.
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

xx
seaweed

Started by Selkie on General Gardening

35 Replies
Last post October 30, 2007, 14:40
by clarebear
xx
Seaweed

Started by scabs on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post April 14, 2009, 14:21
by scabs
xx
seaweed

Started by thecakebaker on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post June 13, 2010, 16:14
by mumofstig
xx
Seaweed in the waterbutt.

Started by Kleftiwallah on General Gardening

0 Replies
Last post September 15, 2020, 12:02
by Kleftiwallah

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 38 queries.