Rosate 36 Glyphosate

• 14 Replies

Ryan1uk

Rosate 36 Glyphosate
« on: August 07, 2012, 19:49 »
Hi

I bought some Rosate 36 Glyphosate off ebay as it was the cheapest glyphosate I could find. I have read and re-read the instructions but it only says how much to mix for hectares, e.g 6 litres for 1 hectare. I have only a small area to spray 45ft by 15ft to spray, so have not a clue how much to mix. If someone could help you would make my day :)

Thankyou

Ice

• muck spreader
Re: Rosate 36 Glyphosate
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 20:01 »
Rosate 36 Glyphoste is a professional strength weedkiller not for use by an amateur.  This forum cannot condone or discuss it's use by someone other than a professional.
Cheese makes everything better.

Bernard

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 16:23 »
Your garden area is 45 x 15 ft =675 sq ft = 0.0063 hectares
(approximately 6 thousandths of a hectare)

Note that I am discussing area, not weedkillers.

Ryan1uk

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 19:17 »
Sorry Ice.

Thankyou very much Bernard will beable to work it out now :)

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 21:14 »

Note that I am discussing area, not weedkillers.
Duly noted. ;)

nodiggardener

• No Dig Gardener
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 21:29 »
Rosate 36 Glyphoste is a professional strength weedkiller not for use by an amateur.  This forum cannot condone or discuss it's use by someone other than a professional.
If I go to France and bring home some professional strength glyphosate from the  local garden centre do you condone this? nb you have spelt glyphosate wrong!

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 21:31 »
Are you trying to be clever or just funny  ::)

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 21:54 »
I know I spelt glyphosate wrong but declined to correct it so that I didn't appear pedantic. :closedeyes:

dugless

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 07:47 »
Getting a bit niggerly here isn't it.

For my informaition as I buy another named  Glyphorsate (which is a lot cheaper than ROUND UP)   that gives the instructions in hecters.

where dos'e it say I cannot use it.

I use it the at the sme strenght as Round Up.

It works for me
Time is more precious than Gold
Spend it Wisely

nodiggardener

• No Dig Gardener
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 08:40 »
I know I spelt glyphosate wrong but declined to correct it so that I didn't appear pedantic. :closedeyes:
I did not really mean to be rude. I should have not had a beer before I posted.Sorry.
I was actually trying to make a serious point that high strength glyphosate is available at the ordinary Garden Centre in France . Why not here, and also if we go there can we legally bring it home and use it?

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 09:30 »
The rules about pesticide licensing derive from EU but if I recall correctly, each Member State implements it separately.

Irrespective of whether other states either license or police the rules differently, in this country you can only use pesticides within our rules.

So, the answer to your question is that it is certainly not legal to use it in this country without the appropriate training.  I suspect but do not know that its possession is equally restricted.

I further suspect that if you tried hard enough you could buy it in this country without the right training, but that doesn't make it legal for the sale to have happened.  I think this is likely to be the situation in France etc.  They just don't enforce the rules, rather than the rules being different.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 09:33 »

For my informaition as I buy another named  Glyphorsate (which is a lot cheaper than ROUND UP)   that gives the instructions in hecters.

It works for me

Glyphosate as an active ingredient comes in a lot of different products.  Each product has a Defra licence number which stipulates the conditions under which that product may legally be used, such as by whom and in what situations.

I suppose an analogy might be that codeine at weak strengths is included in some over-the-counter paracetamol products, but neat codeine has to be prescribed by a doctor and issued by a pharmacist.

The stronger strength glyphosate products are licensed solely for use by the professional market, which means that those users have the right protective equipment and store it appropriately.  It's a question of public health.

Whether you like it or not, them's the rules and you know the forum stance  :)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2012, 09:38 »
People in France,  and most other EU countries appear to turn a blind eye to the regulations, and you are equally free to do so - that's entirely up to you.

Moderators only give the Forum's legal position so that this Site's owner couldn't be in trouble because of what's 'said' on the Forum. That's why we don't like to discuss these matters here.

It's simple really when you look at it that way, isn't it?

oops! snap Yorkie  ;)

dugless

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 19:05 »

It works for me

Glyphosate as an active ingredient comes in a lot of different products.  Each product has a Defra licence number which stipulates the conditions under which that product may legally be used, such as by whom and in what situations.

I suppose an analogy might be that codeine at weak strengths is included in some over-the-counter paracetamol products, but neat codeine has to be prescribed by a doctor and issued by a pharmacist.

The stronger strength glyphosate products are licensed solely for use by the professional market, which means that those users have the right protective equipment and store it appropriately.  It's a question of public health.

Whether you like it or not, them's the rules and you know the forum stance  :)
THANK YOU, I did not know when I bought it there were stronger strenghts and regulations on it, as I understood it Glyphoresate was a safe product that dispersed in the soil and became inactive.
Of cause I take the nessasary precautions when using any chemical products, lessons learnt in my working life

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2012, 19:08 »
I think this topic has now wound to an end :)

xx
rosate 360tf weed killer

Started by dyeo on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post February 23, 2018, 21:47
by mumofstig
xx
Glyphosate

Started by mrs bouquet on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post February 17, 2019, 11:23
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 36 queries.