Interesting Article

• 15 Replies

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Interesting Article
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 20:50 »
cases like this make my blood boil  :mad:, I moved into the countryside to be part of country life and that includes the wonderful sound of cockerels crowing  :D.
Staffies are softer than you think.

8doubles

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 20:51 »
They will be banning the dawn chorus next . Insomniacs will always look for something to blame. :D :D

It does not say how many cockerels , if there are ten trying to out crow each other it might get a bit tiresome.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 20:59 by 8doubles »

Hayley'sHens

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 21:09 »
I live on a duel carriageway in the middle of Manchester, I'd rather wake up to the sound of a cockerel than the lorries that thunder past my windows every morning.... Why move to the countryside if you dont like the way of live (coming from Devon, I know what the countryside is like).... They will be complaining about muck spreading next! >:( >:(

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 21:53 »
That's right, these people should stay in their smoky polluted towns, listening to the traffic, loud music, people shouting and screaming at each other!

when I go to my Nici in kent, I regularly get woken up by neighbours shouting, next door's music, even Nici's music and TV, and she is double glazed, but the noise comes through the walls.

at home, I hardly hear the cockerels and we had 11 until this morning!!   ::)

Anyone remember Munty's story of the towny who moved near him when he lived In Lowestoft?

First towny complained about Munty's manure heap which had been in the same place for years, unfortunately it was rather near said towny's garden wall!

Then he complained about the noise the seagulls make and to make him even more miserable, the seagulls used to poop!  (okay they did it on his car!!! :D :D :D)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 21:55 by GrannieAnnie »

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 08:10 »
those seagulls had taste  :lol:

Nikkithefoot

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 09:39 »
A similar situation happened in a village in Dorset some years ago. The upshot was the owner of the birds got taken to court by the newly retired Londoners over the noise of the cockerel he had. The judge ruled that the cockerel had to be destroyed. Complete madness IMHO. The chap with the birds had lived there for around 20 years and had always kept birds. It divided the village for a while if I remember rightly.

Round where I live there is substantial military activity with tanks and driver training. Someone from London tried to get them banned due to the noise................didn't they check out the area properly BEFORE they moved?
I was put on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things; right now I am so far behind I will never die.

poppies

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 17:26 »
A lady over the road had bred and shown pekins for years, someone moved in five doors away and demanded she get rid of the cockerels as they were waking his elderly mother up - she only visited twice a year, The  answer the dear little pekin breeder gave him would make you blush.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 18:10 »
The law does not say that you may NOT keep cockerels only that you have a right to keep hens.  It depends on individual authorities as to what they have put into the tenancy agreement.

Mr Mole

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 20:59 »
If the council decide that the cockerels have got to go it will be a feather (sorry) in the cap of the townie snobs and a slap in the face for the country folks.

What right do these people have to come out into the countryside? And then alter a way of life that has been going on for generations.

I am not the sharpest knife in the draw as far as computers go :( :(.......so could one of you clever people find an email address for the council that’s dealing with this so that we can voice our opinions and give the villagers some support .

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 21:15 »

Mr Mole

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010, 22:32 »
Thanks’ Aunt Sally...............

So come on folks, drop them an email and see if we can get the council to stand up to these busy body townies and tell them to shut up and accept the countryside as it is, and has been for generations.............OR go back from whence they came.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 10:03 »
I hope you don't think all townies are like that Mr Mole  ;)

Lastcast

• Experienced Member
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 13:35 »
my uncle has six lovely crowing cockerals, free to anyone in Burnham, hell I'll even deliver  :)  :)  :)  :D

dizzylizzie

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 15:12 »
If they dont like the noises in the country they can always move back to the city and all the noise that comes with that!

xx
Vet's report article....

Started by mumofstig on Chicken Chat

17 Replies
Last post November 26, 2012, 20:06
by joyfull
xx
Winter Care for Poultry article

Started by Trillium on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post November 29, 2013, 20:08
by Trillium
xx
Just had an interesting few days!

Started by GrannieAnnie on Chicken Chat

12 Replies
Last post March 07, 2011, 16:49
by alancane

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 37 queries.