Just to say hello

• 13 Replies

Debbieta

Just to say hello
« on: November 16, 2012, 11:10 »
I have been reading this fab forum for about a year now, as we got our first chickens october 2011, and have read so much reassuring comments and information on here.
I had initially registered ages ago and then forgot my password, so being the dunce, it's takena  while to sort out (and the inclination!).
We now have 17 chickens (3 cockerals!) and 24 quail so has been a baptism of fire, and still very much learning :)
5 light sussex, 1 cuckoo maran, 2 welsummers, 3 cream legbars (1 male), 2 rhode island red, 3 ancona(2 male), and 1 orpington,
Lovely to finally be able to join the wonderful world of chickens ....
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 12:22 by Debbieta »

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: Just to say hello
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 11:25 »
Welcome to the site.   :D

Look forward to seeing pictures of your flock.   ;)
welcome cake.png
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

themagicaltoad1

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 21:05 »
I must remember to wear my glasses when I'm on the pc, I've just read that you've got 3 anaconda! welcome to the site, don't think there's many snake people on here though  :lol:

Debbieta

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 16:27 »
I guess that woud be one way of controlling the male chicken population !! :tongue2:
But I think my 3 ancona chickens wouldn't be too keen :D
Debbie

YoungChickenLover

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 21:24 »
Welcome!! Always nice to have new forum members  :)

Debbieta

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 10:24 »
Thank you for your welcome it's lovely to have someone to chat too that doesn't think I'm chicken crackers  :blush:.
As this morning is bright and sunny it's off to the run for a clean up and fresh ground cover, with the chickens being ultra inquisitive.  What could be a better way to spend sunday :D

Debbieta

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 16:25 »
Have now cleaned out and tidied chicken run, although having put in new straw, the chickens have scattered it everywhere, almost burying each other in their excitement, but have had hours of fun.  Especially when some corn was dropped into it for them to find.  Have also managed to take a few photos, just need to workout how to attach them.

ANHBUC

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 16:59 »
Sounds like you had a perfect Sunday.  Look forward to seeing your photos.   :)

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 17:08 »
Hello!
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

Debbieta

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 10:27 »
Hi Kate,
It's lovely to be part of this lovely community :D
Is it just my chickens or are others enjoying the wind.  They seem to be 'catching the breeze' and getting ideas that they can take off.  Have to say they dont get too far though :lol: :lol:

ANHBUC

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 11:08 »
My 2 turkey poults are managing to take off despite having one wing clipped and them being really big.  I have just had to chase one off the 6' garden fence in case it decided the grass was greener!   ::)  My hens are not so bothered, think they have put more weight on in their second year.  The bantams love flying but don't always end up where they aim for.   :lol:

YoungChickenLover

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 19:23 »
My Legbars fly like ninja pigeons, and usually fly over to join Dolce on the lawn during the day. One of them now sits on the bin outside the door and shouts for sunflower seeds!! We haven't got the heart to stop them, and they can't get out of the garden, so we let them be greedy and semi wild!! :)

Debbieta

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 19:36 »
Just to be contraversial :tongue2: :tongue2: what is it about boys not liking seeing their girls have a good time!! My legbar cockerel (who is lovely, bless) runs around telling the girls off if too much fun is being had.  There they have been innocently enjoying the weather, and he has spent the day being grumpy telling them off.  I'm sure it's just cos he's too big to get off the ground :D :D

ANHBUC

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 19:38 »
He might be finding it hard to protect them if they are flitting here there and everywhere.   ;)

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 30 queries.