Flubenvet

• 25 Replies

pepsi100

Re: Flubenvet
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2013, 16:10 »
I have never seen a bird make such a fast recovery, he/she is eating and a lot, ate over 300 grams of food, a mix of pellets and mash, cauliflower, pumpkin, mashed up with a dollop of honey and still eating :-)

The wife had a look at him/her this morning at 4am, she left me a note before going to work, saying it was alive, but didn’t think it would last the day, she got a surprise when she came home, alive and kicking, no rasp when he/she breathes, what a change from yesterday

I put a small clove of garlic in her/his water, it ate it :-(

Another shower and a black tea bath tonight, I'll keep him/her in tonight, and then see about letting him/her join the rest tomorrow

(The vet said the garlic can’t hurt, it’s a vegetable, but he had never heard of putting it in their water) :-)
It's all about the journey, not the destination

barley

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2013, 20:38 »
that sounds encouraging - fingers crossed x

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2013, 18:30 »
That is good news, it probably was the injection (steroid or antibiotics) that gives them a better chance of recovery.  I hope IT  :lol:  continues to recover at this rapid rate and you manage to get rid of the odour.   ;)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

pepsi100

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2013, 19:32 »
It was shower time last night, gave him/her a good wash with baby shampoo, then rinsed with a bucket of tea, as a rinse, it sems to have worked

Kept him/her in over night, this morning put him/her outside, went straight to the hen house door, couldnt wait to join the rest of them, straight in, never even looked back :(

If it was the injection or the shower or just being indors for a couple of nights, something worked :)

I put the BAYTRIL in the water (2nd day today) and the poo seems to be pretty uniform now, none of the runny yellow muck, while not the best thing to sort through, there were no worms and it all looks the same (even though there are a multitude of breeds)

I still have the flubenvet pellets, so I'll just give it to them once a month (a pot of feed lasts a day)

Do you think that will be okay ?

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2013, 11:58 »
Glad your mystery chicken is recovering  :)

The flubenvet pellets are the same as adding flubenvet to your own feed to make a medicated version, so you need to feed them continuously for 7 days, every time you worm your birds.  That would be every 4-6 months.

As yours have has been treated non-stop for a month, I would transfer the flubenvet pellets to a plastic container and seal it, ready for use next time you worm.  Or you could swap them for normal pellets with someone ready to worm their birds  :)

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2013, 12:14 »
Just to answer another of your questions as ANHBUC offers great advice about flubenvet is the ground.
Yes there is a few products on the market, personally I swear by Stalosan F and I buy the larger 25kg sack.
This will last me about a year or so covering the runs once a week, it will kill off most the worms etc at various levels of life. Smells sweet too. I also sprinkle in the coop before fresh bedding is in place.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 12:16 by Aidy »
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

pepsi100

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2013, 12:26 »
Never heard of this Stalosan F stuff, any ideas where I could get it ?

You just sprinkle it on the earth and it kills any worms in the ground ?

Sounds a great idea

I just dig the ground over, and then shut them in for a day and spray the earth with Jetes fluid, then dig it over again

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2013, 14:21 »
You can buy at from various places on the net or see if you have a agriculture type shop (thats where mine comes from) thats local and will stock, I know a few members on here use it.
Yep sprinkle over the ground so its all covered with a light covering. I tend to give mine a turning over once a month when its dry.
My 25kg bag is about £30 but as I said it will last me just over a year or so.

Here is the pdf link to it..
http://www.protekta.ca/pdfs/stalosan_summary.pdf
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 14:22 by Aidy »

Sassy

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2013, 08:42 »
Stalosan F is a much safer option than pouring Jeyes fluid on the ground. It breaks down naturally as well. i used it for all my stock including horses :)
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!!

jacquil58

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2013, 08:40 »
Been through this myself recently.  I went on Amazon and bought a little box of Flubenvet which I then added to their normal food for 7 days.  My food didn't have any additional Flubenvet in, just what I added for 7 days.  I am going to worm mine again in the spring and then the autumn each year.  I thought mine had got gape worm but the worms when they came away were the wrong colour (white).  Gape worms are red I think.  The instructions on Flubenvet are quite specific and I had to complete a questionnaire from the supplier before they would even send it to me because they worry about the chickens being given too much and it affecting their eggs.  As long as you give the correct dose, there is no need for egg withdrawal but if you over do it, that would affect them.  Good luck and I hope you get it sorted.

Jacqui

pepsi100

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2013, 08:51 »
Mine dont seem to have suffered any lasting harm, they are all fine now, but its still rather worrying that this Flubenvet ca be bought from Peets are us and the staff know nothing about it

That god we got this forum to find stuff out :)

question
Flubenvet

Started by Honeysuckle on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post October 21, 2010, 20:45
by orchardlady
xx
Flubenvet

Started by splash101 on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post October 05, 2012, 16:49
by splash101
xx
flubenvet

Started by mo-jo on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post July 15, 2010, 14:27
by Aunt Sally
xx
ACV/Flubenvet

Started by andy46 on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post October 05, 2014, 16:01
by andy46

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 41 queries.