A medical question

• 4 Replies

mrs bouquet

A medical question
« on: March 21, 2023, 15:34 »
My dear next door neighbour had a very large mole on his back, it has been removed, but there is now cancer in his lungs.    He is going to start some form of infused chemo, but has been told there is only up to a 40% chance this will work.    I wasnt really sure what this meant so I just nodded.    I imagine that this is a very serious situation and really not good at all.   Am I correct ?
This poor man.  Since last July he has had one leg amputated above the knee, all toes removed from the other foot, which will not heal and is still bandaged up to his ankle.  A stent fitted in his heart.   He is very overweight and has diabetis.    I feel so bad for him, we are good mates.   What can I say to him.   ?   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

snowdrops

Re: A medical question
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 17:21 »
He does sound in a bad way Mrs B, diabetes is a terrible disease & people just don’t seem to understand the ramifications of it, obesity too particularly if diabetic.
As for what to say to him, I’d just listen & try & make your times together a nice time.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 21:38 »
I echo everything Snowdrops says. In addition, perhaps MacMillan can give him some support and advice?
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 10:08 »
You are correct Mrs B. Seems you know him quite well so will be able to tell if he's someone you can talk to or he to you. Many people are afraid they might say the wrong thing and some just stay away, so go visit him and try to show you are ok with him talking about it. Some people can make fun of their illnesses (I did) so go with that if he does.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2023, 14:46 »
We have had a good laugh at what size shoes we is going to buy and he only wants one anyway.   :D  Mrs B

xx
Another quiz question

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

20 Replies
Last post October 11, 2020, 10:37
by jezza
xx
General question?

Started by seashell on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post June 24, 2023, 11:03
by John
xx
Maths question please ?

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post June 05, 2018, 15:17
by mrs bouquet
xx
A quiz question

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post April 16, 2019, 18:45
by wighty

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 41 queries.