Gardman greenhouse

• 5 Replies

bluealf

• Experienced Member
Gardman greenhouse
« on: March 01, 2012, 17:08 »
Anybody got one and are they reliable strength wise ?

Seen this offer on the web and thought about getting it, compared to some of the other prices it seems a bargain for a new one.

http://www.ukgreenhousesales.co.uk/Greenhouses/Gardman-Greenhouse-Deals/Gardman-6x4-Greenhouse-with-Base.htm

this is for the back garden as opposed to the plot and the plan is for getting a good start into all the seeds and growing peppers longer term and other stuff later on like lettuce later in the season etc.

Still a lot of money if it is a poor bit of kit and as we are on a limited budget wouldnt want to waste £230
Carlisle

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Gardman greenhouse
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 18:58 »
Not Gardman but I've got the bigger version of this 6 x 4 which is good value for £135 + carriage. They don't have a base but I fixed mine to some treated wood, I've had mine for 5 years now  :)

http://www.norfolk-greenhouses.co.uk/shop/shop-infopage.php?longref=77~0

bluealf

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 19:21 »
That looks okay as well, cheers  :)

safetrade

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 09:40 »
I've got the 8x6 one its really good but mine is in a spot sheltered from the wind and I doubled up on the glazing clips I have had no problems but I wouldn't like to think it was exposed to the wind and if I got another one I would get glass.

bluealf

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 17:59 »
I got around to ordering it yesterday, decided on the Gardman as the other one would have needed a base and they seemed to be around £70 making it a close call pricewise.

Hopefully it will come next week whilst I'm off work and I can get it put up and seeds in pronto.

Really should have bought it in Jan but not an offer in sight typically, will be giving the allotment a big go again this year after a couple of poor years with illness and injury but after going down today it is relatively weed free and is looking like a propper allotment now after 3 years.

:)

Determined to get some carrots this year and have made a special bed for them and got some good micromesh so them pesky (being polite) carrot flys dont devistate them again.  :mad:

bluealf

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 11:53 »
Well it is all up and seedlings planted, all seems well, it has even had a big gale to deal with the day after I put it up, blooming Cumbrian weather  ::)

xx
Gardman ali Greenhouse?

Started by Marky on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post September 01, 2006, 14:29
by stompy
xx
Gardman mini-greenhouse spares.....

Started by courgette on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post March 01, 2008, 12:59
by compostqueen
clip
Gardman bean frame

Started by allotment-bill on Equipment Shed

6 Replies
Last post May 05, 2016, 12:17
by ghost61
xx
Best greenhouse

Started by timdunn on Equipment Shed

8 Replies
Last post November 04, 2013, 09:11
by JayG

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 33 queries.