Total greenhouse virgin....any tips/advice greatly appreciated :)

• 4 Replies

Carla

• Experienced Member
I get my 1st ever greenhouse next weekend...they have always been a thing of wonder to me and I've been very kindly given one by my sister-in-law, but I dont know where to start. Its a bog standard 6ft x 10ft (ish), skylight and a door on runners. What do I need to make sure of before I put any plants in it. Is there anything I can use to clean it as it's proper manky. Many thanks x
Many pets, a bloke and 2 kids....help!!!

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
Thorough scrubbing and cleaning with a disinfectant such as Jeyes fluid followed by a thorough rinsing down seems like a good idea. :)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

Carla

• Experienced Member
Reading my post again...I sound pretty dumb!!! I meant to put, is there anything I CAN'T use to clean it, but as you've suggested Jeyes fluid, Im presuming I can use just about anything!! Doh  ::)

Slowgrind

I cleaned my old glass by dipping each pane into a warm tub of Flash diluted in warm water.
Left each one to soak for a while then gave a quick rub over with a nylon kitchen scourer.
Came up like new!!!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
You can clean it with almost anything but if you want to kill off pests and diseases and mould spores then Jeyes or Citrox are the way to go  :)

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 37 queries.