Anybody love tortie cats?

• 20 Replies

Goosegirl

Anybody love tortie cats?
« on: February 26, 2010, 16:12 »
I have 5 cats, two of which are rescue torties and they are just about the most characterful and talkative lovvies you could wish for. And they LOVE watching the water go down the plughole, shadowing me in the garden, hiding in ornamental grasses to play "Tag" with, can sneak a paw onto your plate and whisk a morsel of food in 0.000001 nano seconds and give more love back than I would have ever believed possible. Mine are called Millie (aka Princess because she has a very regal and oriental look about her) and Daphne (found on a doorstep in the middle of a storm by a lady called Daphne - aka Woo-woo as that's how she talks to me). Anyone else think so...?   
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Y.E.A.H

• I love growing unusual vegetables!
Re: Anybody love tortie cats?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 16:15 »
i think they're the most lovely type of cat in the world  :)

noshed

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 16:17 »
I think this would be an appropriate moment for pictures.
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

monsta

• Experienced Member
  • Nuts!
    • www.bedlington.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 16:35 »
I think this would be an appropriate moment for pictures.

heres my cat called missy she's a somali

3333211929_eff46eb75b.jpg

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 16:46 »
Oh yes! Pictures required Goosegirl! :D
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

Spana

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 17:19 »
I love tortie cats :)

Heres mine, she's called Fluffball   :) and she works in rabbit controll :)

PennyS

• My website
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 09:15 »
I'm new to torties.  
We now have a 7/8 month tortie who came from Freecycle!
She's absolutely lovely and such a character, certainly the cleverest cat I've known.  This is her at about 3 months when we first got her.  Now she's like a lanky teenager!
She came with a black and white kitten who had had a very bad start and couldn't even wash himself.  He's now getting to be a bit of a chunky monster and also a real character, but not nearly as clever as Molly. They are very muc best friends and Molly really does "look after" him.

Penny
molly.jpg
Lotty holder since Aug 09... I've FINALLY finished clearing it! On with the p.lanting  ....

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 10:48 »
I have a soft spot for tabbies and torties  :blush:

I have my lovely Martha who was totally feral and now sleeps in the bed and follows me everywhere  :wub: (the photo isnt great of her as it is from my mobile and doesnt show just how cute her little face is with her perfect pink nose!).

And then there is also Phil's wonderful little Bronwyn who was abandoned last winter and found and taken to the vets soaked to the bone and shaking with fear and cold and as a result of being dumped in such conditions now suffers from cat flu and stress related uti's. However, despite that she is the most demanding and willful little terror who has very much landed on her paws as she gets spoiled rotten  ::) :)
WPM$408C.jpg
WPM$3954.jpg

Goosegirl

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 15:50 »
I feel I really need to get to grips with putting pix on here - thanks DD for the link - will do asap. Today we had our first newborn lambs - twins - and Daphne followed us into the shelter but couldn't see them properly as they were penned up. Can't wait to see what she makes of them when we let them out later this week...! One more ewe to go and everyone should be bouncing all over the place in the sunshine...! :lol: :lol: :lol:

madcat

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 16:10 »
Sunshine ???  Will the last ewe deliver sunshine?  In which case could she deliver it here??
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Rubellite

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 19:12 »
I had a tortie called Pepper. She would come up on the bed in the morning when Nigel would bring my tea (he used to spoil me in the early days) and sit and lick my arm. Or should I say rub the skin off my arm with her tongue  :lol:
She was hit by a car after being chased into the road by the local bully cat  :( The people stopped but it was too late. We were heartbroken.

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 19:19 »
Here are a few more of my little Martha. One cuddled up on the sofa with little Niblet and Caesar and then another I have just taken after her, Rufus and kitten Spike had pulled all the clothes out of the washing basket to make a bed on them  ::)
WPM$1DAA.jpg
WPM$487A.jpg

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 22:37 »
Well, I may love my tortie madame but tonight she has had me in a total fluster. The poor little thing got her collar stuck in her mouth and she went into panic mode and then got very feral on me so it took over an hour to capture her. While I was trying to get her the circulation to her tongue was cut off so it was going blue and swelling. Eventually got it off but she was dribbling blood and having problems breathing. Off to the emergency vets we went which happened to be chaos and it took an hour to go in, but thankfully her breathing was improving while we waited (sadly 3 dogs came and didn't leave while I was waiting  :( ). Her tongue is cut, bruised and swollen and she is now crated for the night as I need to keep an eye on her and she is most unhappy about this and is wailing so loudly, which I can only take a sign that she is feeling a bit better with the anti-inflammatory and painkilling jab she had  ::)

noshed

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010, 22:43 »
She'll thank you for it in the long run...

tam

• Experienced Member
    • The Rabbit House
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2010, 03:51 »
Aww, our 18yr old tortie had to be knocked out today to get her teeth done and came home dribbling blood. We've only just got her thyroid stablised. I think the drugs were good though as there was a lot of purring going on. She's had all her back teeth out as they didn't want to leave any to cause future problems that would mean another anaesthetic.

I hope your little girl feels better tomorrow :)

xx
I love my cats but...

Started by Kate and her Ducks on Pets without Feathers

11 Replies
Last post June 04, 2013, 19:59
by Auntiemogs
xx
As much as I love my cats...

Started by Casey76 on Pets without Feathers

8 Replies
Last post May 27, 2010, 16:46
by Livinhope
xx
A poem for tortie-lovers.

Started by Goosegirl on Pets without Feathers

1 Replies
Last post April 15, 2015, 17:29
by devonbarmygardener
xx
cats one rule for dogs one for cats

Started by traacyken on Pets without Feathers

60 Replies
Last post April 05, 2014, 22:25
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 36 queries.