talk about a bad bad day

• 8 Replies

karlooben

talk about a bad bad day
« on: December 21, 2009, 16:07 »
i have just started my hoildays and today was one very bad day . someone at my stables brought a foal from the ascot sales  the poor thing should never have been sold but during last night she got hit by colic , i rushed down the yard at 10 am to help the woman who was looking after her and in the end i had to stay with the poor foal tell the end as everyone else had to go back to work before they got in trouble we had to decide to let her go it was so so sad an horrible brought back memories for me , rest in peace little girl .
what a way to start the Christmas holidays  :(
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

janet12000

Re: talk about a bad bad day
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 16:09 »
so sorry.
rip little girl, and sending big hugs to you. xxxx

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 16:33 »
so sad, god bless little foal, hugs, xxx
Staffies are softer than you think.

madcat

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 16:37 »
Poor little one!  At least she had you to look after her while she was so distressed ...
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Foxy

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 17:00 »
oh that is so awful! Looby you poor thing how distressing for you. My heart goes out to you and the poor wee foal  :( :( :(

karlooben

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 19:22 »
there was 3 of us there , me an the lady who was looking after her could not get her back in the stable so we called on the pest control guy who is  her brother in law { he knows nothing on horses but he was brillant } and we managed to get her in but she would only go backwards for some reason so that was a real stuggle in the ice an cold across the field  .

even the vet gave her a fighting chance but it wasnt enough and she would never have made the journey to the royal veterinary hosptial , she was so so beatiful i wish i could of had her.  but its the sick ppl who sold her at the sales that need thier butts kicking { that will happen the guy who brought her is fuming } the poor girl was caked in untreated rain scald which can be very very nasty if not treated right away so at one time she must of suffered .
its going to affect us all down there for quite a while , but even though she had good bloodline it doesnt mean a thing she still suffered by ppl who should of known better .

wighty

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 20:39 »
Know how you are feeling, we lost my Dad's horse to colic.  Reallly frightening at the time.  Horses' guts are designed to go one way only so they cannot be 'sick' in the same way we and other animals can.  We spent eight hours walking Trogs round the yard until he finally collapsed and we realised we could do no more. Feel really sorry for you and sending you big hugs.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 20:51 »
That's a horrible thing to happen Karlooben. I would have been in pieces so well done for sticking it through.  I would be furious with her previous owners as well - how can people neglect animals like that  :mad:

karlooben

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 06:24 »
thanks guys it was erie going down there this morning and the other woman that is down there didnt turn up but i dont blame her so it felt more scary then normal .

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 37 queries.