Where do you store your seeds ?

• 26 Replies

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 22:12 »
Quote from: "shaun"
if you want a variety pack of me from the bottom of my box you are most welcome  :lol:

dont tell me...£14 quid and cheap at half the price  :wink:
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

peterjf

seeds
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009, 22:17 »
we keep our seeds in 4lt empty ice cream tubs,

one for brasicas, legumes etc fit a tight lid then we store them in cool dark place ,under the stairs cupboard,

mashauk

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 23:00 »
Mine are in carrier bags in our "lottie" cupboard.

Kagganz

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2009, 05:19 »
Mine are in two Quality Street tins in a cold conservatory.............................don't know where they came from  :oops:

horsepooisgood

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2009, 08:10 »
B_gger, does that mean the freezer was not the best place!!! :evil:

madcat

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2009, 09:13 »
Mine are in the beer fridge.  Limits the amount of beer :twisted: , and 'encourages' the drinker with the scale of the planting task. :)

Actually, he says the quantity drives him to drink ???? :shock:
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Trillium

fivespud364

• www.vegetableplantsdirect.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2009, 15:00 »
i have four of those large storage boxes about three foot by one foot all practically full but then i do need just a little bit more seed than you guys.

ideally longer term i would like a fridge for them all.

you should have seen the size of the seed fridge at Pentland Plants Nr Edinburgh where i used to work it was a huge 8 foot square walk in fridge!!!
Everyone should grow their own veg and know where their food is coming from even if it is only a one pot on a patio or balcony Grow Something!!

rainbow1

• Experienced Member
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 22:19 »
I keep mine in an old Persil tin all sorted into envelopes with a month on each. For succession sowings I sow and just move the packet on an envelope. Well, that’s the theory!

And I keep the tin under the stairs. Tho at the moment I'm so excited that I'm going to get to sow some of them soon I keep getting them out to read the packets and stuff!!!

noshed

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2009, 22:28 »
In a shoe box in the sitting room, in ice cream boxes in the greenhouse, in a paper bag in the shed. And some in the post. And mostly a bit jumbled.
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

Kagganz

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 05:31 »
Quote from: "rainbow1"
I keep mine in an old Persil tin all sorted into envelopes with a month on each. For succession sowings I sow and just move the packet on an envelope. Well, that’s the theory!

And I keep the tin under the stairs. Tho at the moment I'm so excited that I'm going to get to sow some of them soon I keep getting them out to read the packets and stuff!!!

Ditto Rainbow, mine are in clear plastic bags with the month to sow written on and if they are to go in the greenhouse/outside etc.

But I'm betting when Spring arrives it'll all go to pot (no pun intended)  :lol:

I'm excited but nervous at getting stuff wrong, but it will be my first year so I'm entitled to make a 'few' mistakes arn't I ?

xx

rainbow1

• Experienced Member
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2009, 20:20 »
Quote from: "Kagganz"
Ditto Rainbow, mine are in clear plastic bags with the month to sow written on and if they are to go in the greenhouse/outside etc.

But I'm betting when Spring arrives it'll all go to pot (no pun intended)  :lol:

I'm excited but nervous at getting stuff wrong, but it will be my first year so I'm entitled to make a 'few' mistakes aren’t I ?

xx

Yep - as an allotment newbie too I'm definitely expecting to make mistakes. The scale is quite different from the 3ft by 3ft bed I have in my garden. But I’m guessing that the mistakes (and the forum) goin to be the best way to learn!

xx
How does everyone store their seeds?

Started by GreyScales on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post January 19, 2014, 15:43
by Trillium
xx
How do you store your seeds... ie in what order (if any)

Started by meriad on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post September 20, 2018, 17:22
by jaydig
xx
WHAT IS THE CORRECT OR BEST WAY TO STORE SEEDS?

Started by jazzbyrd on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post June 23, 2008, 08:59
by jazzbyrd
xx
Another 50p a packet of seeds online store

Started by richyrich7 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post February 17, 2007, 21:03
by richyrich7

Page created in 0.376 seconds with 33 queries.