How does everyone store their seeds?

• 22 Replies

Ashurstman

• Experienced Member
Re: How does everyone store their seeds?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2014, 13:45 »
Being new (12 months is newish) I don't have a massive collection and was using a smallish tupperware type box. But I was given a shiny new seed box from Suttons at Christmas so I'm swish (for now).

pigguns

• Mitcham, South London
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2014, 14:16 »
4lt ice cream tub behind my sofa for easy access  :D have to organise an extension at New Year for the beans and beans which now are snug in a 2lt starter home  :D
I file-divide them under 'brassicas' 'roots' etc ..... must get out more  :mellow:

Flower seeds are bunged in the garage in a mess...

crh75

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2014, 14:33 »
Mine are in a wooden Fortnum and Mason box that came with port and stilton :D from a client many years ago.

jay001

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2014, 18:12 »
biscuit tins for me as well, we were going through them last night working out what we need to re-order for this year and what flowers we had success with jane kept a diary all last year so we have a reference point to refer to for the first time . . . . getting more organized as each year gets completed lol  :lol:
Real knowledge is to know the extent of ones ignorance

barley

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2014, 20:18 »
under the spare bed in a quality street tub with the Christmas presents already brought for next year  :D

GreyScales

• Experienced Member
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2014, 21:30 »
I happened by a good looking plastic box today, the sort were the lid is unlikely to distort or fall off.

It is nice to be able to finally look through these without having to dig through other packets. Though it's now been brought to my attention that some seeds I saved last year in an envelope have fallen down the back  :closedeyes:
seed box.jpeg

strangerachael

• Weedybeanz
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2014, 14:48 »
I treated myself to this beautiful 'treasure chest' which is kept in the cupboard under the stairs (shame really but it's the best place - unheated and dark). This is just for the veg seed, I am going to need another one soon for my growing collection of flower seeds. A good tip is to put a few of those sachets of silica in the bottom of the box/container, which seem to come in all the packaging these days. Keeps seeds dry.
IMAG0157 2.jpg
Rachael

Trillium

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2014, 15:43 »
I never thought I had a lot of seeds until I decided to organize them from the large box I used to store them in. I went to the dollar/pound store and bought 6 shoe-sized plastic boxes with lids. I got blank recipe cards and stuck on page index dividers and labelled the veg and herb names. On the printer, I made large labels to cut out and tape to the front of each box after I decided how many letters of the alphabet would fit into each box, plus a spare box for oversized seed pkgs and one for labels, etc. Somehow it took all 6 boxes   :blush:

But now I know exactly what box to go into, and can see the names of exactly what I want. I store the boxes under a tall dresser in the dining room where it's coolish and out of my way, but not where pests will go.

xx
Where do you store your seeds ?

Started by garddwr on Grow Your Own

26 Replies
Last post January 23, 2009, 20:20
by rainbow1
xx
How do you store your seeds... ie in what order (if any)

Started by meriad on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post September 20, 2018, 17:22
by jaydig
xx
WHAT IS THE CORRECT OR BEST WAY TO STORE SEEDS?

Started by jazzbyrd on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post June 23, 2008, 08:59
by jazzbyrd
xx
Another 50p a packet of seeds online store

Started by richyrich7 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post February 17, 2007, 21:03
by richyrich7

Page created in 0.327 seconds with 34 queries.