Converting 1 tap to 2

• 2 Replies

AlistairMcLennan

• Experienced Member
    • My Garden Plan 2013
Converting 1 tap to 2
« on: August 05, 2014, 12:50 »
Hi all,

Hopefully someone will be able to help with this query I got.

Currently I have one outdoor tap with a plastic splitter attached.  It has an on/off lever for both sides.  One side is connected to a hose that is attached to the house then down to the end of the garden to supply my irrigation system which is on a timer.  The other side is used for connecting a hose to as and when is needed (Washing Car, etc).

The issue I have is that I find the washer inside the splitter(I am not referring to the washers that are inside the screw fitting at either end of the splitter) do not last long enough so have to replace the splitter every few months.

I saw an item online that will allow you to replace you single tap with 2 proper taps.  The only website I could find was Aussie.  http://sunshoweronline.com.au/twin-tap-adaptor-15mm

Anyone seen anything the same in the UK, or can suggest the best way to do it?  Do the Brass Splitters last a lot longer?

Cheers
Happiness is trying something new even if it doesnt work.

http://gardenplanner.suttons.co.uk/garden-plan.aspx?p=352012

8doubles

Re: Converting 1 tap to 2
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 13:10 »
Short answer,yes the brass ones are better !

They may seem expensive when you purchase them but you only do it once!

You can also buy washer/ o rings in bulk boxes at many shops.
 To buy labelled *Oseloch washers is not cheap!

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Converting 1 tap to 2
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 13:56 »
I bought a plastic one from Wilcos about 3 years ago for a couple of quid and it's still going strong without any attention, although I do bring it indoors in winter.

It does have twin levers but not threaded outlets - they're for 'ozelock-type push-on connectors.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

xx
converting points fired engines

Started by peter james on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post December 05, 2007, 22:47
by richyrich7

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 38 queries.