Microwave combi.

• 3 Replies

Goosegirl

Microwave combi.
« on: December 21, 2022, 11:51 »
OH recently persuaded me to get a microwave combi that you can also use as an oven or grill as well. I have to say I'm now a convert because our inherited oven wasn't the best to say the least. It's really easy to use and a lot cheaper than heating a big oven just to do a ready meal, frozen stuff or whatever. Anyone else got one?
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

Re: Microwave combi.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2022, 14:40 »
Not yet, but I would like one.   What make is it, if thats not a rude question.   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2022, 17:44 »
Yes, we have a Breville, and the instructions are written in Pidgin Swahili as far as I can see!

I really cannot work out how to use it, so your Doctorate in Space Exploration, Singing at Trees and Severe Gardening is obviously doing its job, Goosey!

As we don't have anything more than a desk-top cooker and grill with two rings, we tend to look sideways at the microwave, and say a few unmentionable phrases, but I do use it for normal duties, except when they say the awful word, 'COMBI'...:0~

Aaaaaargh, I feel a session with the instructions coming on............

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2022, 10:37 »
Hi. It's a Panasonic "Inverter" convection/grill and microwave with the accompanying and good-sized manual for the model numbers NN-CT54JW, NN-CT55JW, NN-CT58JB and NN-CT57JM (not sure which mine is). As I need manuals that makes everything as clear as day, this I can follow this without resorting to flicking back and forwards to various pages because the writer couldn't be bothered to repeat the basic operations before trying a new one. It also has a cook book at the back to get you started. OH recommended me to use a cooking probe after microwaving some ready meals just to ensure they were up to temperature and they were. It comes with a round steel jobbie on legs for grilling and a round black metal tray that goes on the glass tray which sits on rollers because it revolves when your cooking to get an even heat. You can put a smaller cooking tray on top of the black one if you're only doing a few scampi, say, to save washing up the big tray as it won't fit into a dishwasher. Using the oven is a doddle as you just press the convection button then press again until you've got the temperature you want. Press start then the display window shows the letter "P" for pre-heat. Wait until it beeps then put your food in, select the cooking time, then press start.
Let me know if you want anymore info and I'll happily send it to you. I'm not one for gadgety things or the latest trending cooking device but I am now a convert.

xx
Microwave plate warmers...

Started by Growster... on Kitchen Natter

4 Replies
Last post January 08, 2019, 10:08
by Growster...

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 41 queries.