Spending time with chickens

• 1 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Spending time with chickens
« on: March 26, 2020, 09:04 »
Mine always get garden playtime when I am around and are enjoying there being more people around during the day.

We have been eating some meals outside, as it has been so spring like the last couple of days and as any chicken keeper knows, plates always interest them  ::)

So they have so far managed to eat loads of grass, peck a few plants, find bugs, cadge some human food and generally be pests.  Not really, but you know what I mean  :lol:  They are great company, but I did think it was pushing it yesterday when I sat on the bench to eat a tangerine.   Some were disgusted with the whole idea once they got a bit, but a couple actually seemed to like it and scoffed it down.   

Citrus  :wacko:   Really?  :wacko:

WeavingGryphon

Re: Spending time with chickens
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 18:35 »
Mine always get garden playtime when I am around and are enjoying there being more people around during the day.

We have been eating some meals outside, as it has been so spring like the last couple of days and as any chicken keeper knows, plates always interest them  ::)

So they have so far managed to eat loads of grass, peck a few plants, find bugs, cadge some human food and generally be pests.  Not really, but you know what I mean  :lol:  They are great company, but I did think it was pushing it yesterday when I sat on the bench to eat a tangerine.   Some were disgusted with the whole idea once they got a bit, but a couple actually seemed to like it and scoffed it down.   

Citrus  :wacko:   Really?  :wacko:

Ours would always help you when digging scraping through the soil for bug. Or getting rid of snails or slugs for you. You couldn't leave your plate or chair alone outside or in if the door was open. They'd be up on a chair at the table with you puck? pucking? Even mashed potato would go down and watching them eat spaghetti was an experience.

xx
what time is bed time for your chucks

Started by grumpydad on Chicken Chat

15 Replies
Last post June 05, 2010, 10:39
by TeaPots
xx
Its that time again

Started by Aidy on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post June 12, 2016, 14:42
by RubyR3d
xx
What time shall I put them to bed?

Started by gracie on Chicken Chat

17 Replies
Last post May 07, 2011, 15:18
by rubenjohnson
clip
One More Time!

Started by LittleRedHen on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post September 16, 2013, 16:54
by ANHBUC

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 42 queries.