Files, files and even more files.

• 2 Replies

Kleftiwallah

Files, files and even more files.
« on: July 25, 2021, 12:52 »
Good morning everyone,
 "this week I are been mainy makin'" a nuc box for the bees.  Even though it's made out of wood I've needed to use the old flat file, round and half round file even the old rat tail file and it struck me I've more files than I can shake a stick at and the vast majority are as smooth as a babies bum. :ohmy:  But do you think I can bite the bullet and chuck em out?  Nope, they go back on the shelf.  Sod's law if I did I would need one!

Cheers,   Tony. :D

Cheers
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

R Tallentire

• Experienced Member
Re: Files, files and even more files.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 12:04 »
I while ago I was lent a copy of one of those "local history" books about our area and it mentioned an old mill, closed and ruined since the 1930s. I always wondered what it did and the book said it was a file reconditioning factory. Brock bottoms Mill was miles out in the country, it's reason for being there was a river, it was water powered ,which proved it's undooing as the dam bust and they couldn't afford to rebuild it. Seems there must not have been much money in reconditioning files.
R Tallentire

Kleftiwallah

Re: Files, files and even more files.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 13:23 »
Good afternoon and thanks R Tallentire, 
I never knew that they recon'd files, I suppose they just recut  the single cut and double cut to suit.  I'd like to see the way they treated a dreadnought or a ba$tard file, you learn something new every day and that is definitely my fact for today!

Cheers,   Tony. :)

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 35 queries.