Al-KO Hobby 350-2 Rotavator

• 4 Replies

olly beak 65

Al-KO Hobby 350-2 Rotavator
« on: April 12, 2013, 09:40 »
Any advice on a non staring rotavator,last used in the autumn. Doesn't seem to want to start. I've changed fuel,but still no joy. Any suggestions?

grendel

Re: Al-KO Hobby 350-2 Rotavator
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 10:13 »
clear the carburettor through with a carburettor spray, sometimes the fuel left in the bowl of the carburettor can evaporate to a dusty powder over the winter, this can then block the jets. to see if its a fuel or spark problem take out the spark plug and squirt a little fuel direct into the cylinder, if it fires up and runs for a few seconds its a blockage in the carb or fuel system, if it doesnt fire then you will need to look at the points and coil, a good clean up and checking the points gap usually does the trick.
I usually have to do both carb and points every spring on my 45 year old rotovator, when doing the ignition remember to clean the spark plug and check it is gapped properly.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

olly beak 65

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 13:05 »
Thanks Grendel. Sprayed some quick start in to intake and it fired up straight away then died. Suspect a blockage myself.
will investigate further.

grendel

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 13:37 »
strip the carb out and blow through the jets with spray carb cleaner, dont forget to count the turns on any adjustable jets you take out, sometimes easier to count the turns in until it stops, then when reassembling screw it in to the stops and unwind the right amount. my bet will be crud in the bowl blocking the jets, to stop this I shut down the fuel at the end of a session and then keep it running until it stops, this empties the fuel from the float bowl, which when it dries up leaves a dust in the bowl which blocks the jets.
Grendel

olly beak 65

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 20:55 »
Thanks Grendel. Got the lad to strip the carb and give everything a good clean. Result.... One working rotavator.

xx
Al-Ko hobby MH350-4 rotavator

Started by plinston27 on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post December 04, 2012, 14:11
by plinston27
xx
Help finding Drive Belt Texas Hobby 300B Rotavator/Tiller

Started by alpha.tango on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post March 02, 2008, 20:59
by alpha.tango
xx
Rotavator

Started by desford on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post October 03, 2010, 22:43
by johnfh
xx
I got a rotavator I got a rotavator Can any one help

Started by freyaluck on Equipment Shed

31 Replies
Last post April 06, 2007, 06:43
by Gwiz

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 36 queries.