Buffets

• 8 Replies

mrs bouquet

Buffets
« on: October 19, 2019, 11:04 »
Yesterday, I volunteered at St. Barnabas to meet and greet people invited to a buffet lunch.     The food there is always exceptional and yesterday was no different.   Folk were eating all the nice little bits and pieces, all labelled with their content for those with allergies.   But I just love sandwiches, at least I didn't have to worry for eating in the evening  !!!!   What do you head for on the buffet table ?     Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

Re: Buffets
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 14:20 »
I love sandwiches too! I like egg mayo with some chopped chive leaves, anything with prawns or salmon especially if accompanied with Marie Rose sauce, a nice slice of ham and cheese with fruit chutney, a small pork pie or sausage roll, and a choice of other things like coleslaw or a crème fraiche dip with bits of pasta.   
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

TonyB.

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 15:59 »
Mini pork pies are an abomination!  Slices of large ones with jelly are much better.

jezza

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 16:44 »
It's got to be a good piece of pork pie proper ham sandwiches can't be doing with this tuna mayo salmon anything with garlic and this pasta stuff with creams and dips jezza

grinling

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 20:07 »
sausage roll, followed by cake

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2019, 22:27 »
Cocktail sausages, cheese flans, spicy crisps, peanuts then cupcakes preferably chocolate ones :)

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 21:20 »
Small handful of soggy prawn vol-au-vents and curly old sarnies washed down with a glass or two of the cheap cider I brought to the party not realising I'd actually finish up drinking it myself.  :ohmy:
(Suspect my youthful buffet experiences were not as upmarket as your recent one Mrs. B!)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2019, 21:45 »
Absolutely everything. Once I know everyone else has had their fill I treat the buffet as a personal challenge. I do my bit for the environment, there's not much waste when I'm around :)

8doubles

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2019, 17:57 »
Smoked salmon , curried eggs , various vol au vents and as much cheese and pineapple as you could shake a stick at ! :)

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 49 queries.