Post office message scam

• 13 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Post office message scam
« on: September 24, 2021, 19:57 »
Received text saying I'd missed my Royal Mail delivery this morning, please rearrange delivery blah blah blah, with a link to reply....
I was actually in waiting for a parcel, which was delivered, so the text is a scam  :mad:
RM will leave a card for a missed delivery, so don't get caught out by it.

Growster...

Re: Post office message scam
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 21:48 »
Somehow, there are quite a few scams going on at the moment, I get several calls from places in the Midlands, but never answer them of course.

They then get blocked of course...

GraciesGran

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 07:25 »
Seem to be in patches.  We've had multiple phone calls this week.  If you don't leave a message on the ansaphone you get ignored. Simples.

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2021, 14:10 »
Had the Amazon scam text just this morning!

I had to look up what to do on an iPhone to delete messages, as it's still a bit new to me...

jezza

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2021, 20:32 »
Hello I got the amazon call this morning saying £79.99 was being taken out of my account, got sick of them so I got the number that rang and texted me and rang amazon to complain the guy at amazon said it was nothing to do with them,I  then rang the text number on another phone the guy on the phone answered the call from my other phone,I asked him how come it was nothing to do with amazon if he had just answered the phone    jezza

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2022, 18:05 »
Received text saying I'd missed my Royal Mail delivery this morning, please rearrange delivery blah blah blah, with a link to reply....
I was actually in waiting for a parcel, which was delivered, so the text is a scam  :mad:

:mad: I received the same scam message again this afternoon, so beware!!

GraciesGran

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2022, 20:54 »
Seems to go in patches, I've had 4 texts in the last few days saying they tried to deliver a package.

GraciesGran

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2022, 07:16 »
Did some on line banking yesterday and have had 2 texts about that

wighty

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2022, 17:25 »
Not Post Office but a new one to us.  Apparently our application to tax our car has failed and we should follow the instructions below to try again.  Just one problem, we don't have a car! :D

GraciesGran

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2022, 07:21 »
HMRC are having trouble with my granddaughter's bank details for her pension.   She's 26, I've heard of early retirement but that's ridiculous.

Growster...

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2022, 06:25 »
I usually get messages from anti-PC virus 'companies', saying our PC isn't covered from such and such a date.

They've been going on for several months, and funnily enough, from 'companies' we've never heard of!

Gmail is pretty good at weeding out scams, but I sometimes wonder what Martina from Taiwan actually looks like...

jezza

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2022, 07:36 »
Hello I've had them from royal Mail I know I havent ordered any thing for delivery only collection ,I had a scam call from some one on Monday saying I needed to contact my bank urgently ,I googled the number and found out it came from a house 6 miles from where I was working,i called at the house knocked at the door and asked the guy who answered it what my bank details had to do with him ,he denied he had made the call till i played the voice mail back he used theF word and slammed the door shut,I sent him a rextcsaying if he wanted his car wheel nuts back he had to message me and I'll pop them into his local bank     jezza

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2022, 10:19 »
I usually ignore any phone calls from unknown numbers, but I'd had several calls from a number which didn't seem to be giving up any time soon, so yesterday I picked it up.

Female voice, of Asian origin:
"Hello, I am ringing you from Microsoft about your computer."

Me:
"I don't believe you. I think you're a scammer."

She:
"Don't lie to me. Shut up!"

She then hung up on me::) :lol: :lol:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2022, 21:09 »

A neighbour of mine had a 'RM' card through the door a couple of days ago, with underpayment due. Looks completely legit, except it's grey where you'd expect it to be bright red. Had a round number on it and everything. They weren't expecting any deliveries so she rang the sorting office, to be told it was a scam. She's reported it to the police, who also confirmed it was a scam that they will pass onto Action Fraud (some use that will be, apart from building a picture of what's going on!).

You absolutely couldn't tell it wasn't real.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

xx
Mr Bates v the post office

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

47 Replies
Last post January 25, 2024, 16:36
by rowlandwells
clip
Can't argue with the Post Office this time.

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post September 09, 2022, 11:34
by DanielCoffey
xx
The Office

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post March 24, 2019, 12:13
by mrs bouquet
xx
Another Scam

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post October 11, 2020, 18:40
by Elaine G

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 51 queries.