It smells so bad.

• 17 Replies

Lardman

It smells so bad.
« on: April 20, 2021, 07:48 »
And no not me  :nowink: Anyone of an age will recognise the smell I'm talking about - it's the smell of something shuffling off it's mortal coil, a very distinctive smell.

Today (and probably the rest of the week) I shall mostly be emptying the room I use as an office, which is no small task and then taking all the floor up - Joy.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: It smells so bad.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 08:49 »
Ooh, nasty - good luck!

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 08:55 »
Ooh yuk, you had a problem like this a few years ago didn’t you, have they gnawed through your defences.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Lardman

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 09:35 »
Rodney and Micky are a constant problem, just another one of those problems living next to a park that nobody talks about.

I use snap traps inside and only put poison at the top of the garden to avoid this happening. When I dropped the ceiling in the old kitchen there were so many unpleasant things that fell out.  Unfortunately there's an area between the houses I can't get to and block up there's literally nothing under the floor between my house and next doors  :ohmy: . I'm guessing they've put poison down after seeing evidence of small furry things whilst doing the house up.

Hopefully it's decided to stagger over here to die and I can find and remove it, knowing my luck it will be in the area I can't get to and it's just the smell wafting through.

snowdrops

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 13:01 »
Oh dear that could be an ongoing issue then, :wacko:

grinling

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 20:00 »
my hubby can smell if something has died in the garden, I can't  :D

jezza

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2021, 18:52 »
Hello I had to find the source of a terrible smell in an old ladies sitting room,we went through every where we could think of and couldn't find it a visitors little terrier jumped on the sofa and pulled out a dead squirrel,ot got some biscuits, half an hour later it put it back in again and sat looking at the spot it had put it and the old lady thinking it was going to get some more biscuits if it pulled it out again    jezza

Growster...

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2021, 07:24 »
Not got a fridge anywhere near, have you?

We had an awful ache coming from near ours, and it took ages to find it!

Some raw meat had stuck to the back wall of the fridge, dripped into the defrosting channel, and fallen through the drain into the tank at the back, where it really did get going...:0(

(I think the channel is blocked again, but no pong thankfully - just a puddle where it all leaks out at the front...)!

Lardman

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2021, 10:56 »
I'm half way across emptying the room and the smell is easing off now but defiantly stronger over the far side of the room. Typical as that side has all the filing cabinets, so much stuff and I'm sure I'll never need it again why am I keeping 3.5" FDD's and PS2 keyboards ?!

Not got a fridge anywhere near, have you?

Nope, Just IT related stuff in the office. I can say with certainty that a dead Mickey near the compressor will produce the same foul result.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2021, 12:08 »
Well, that will keep you busy today, especially when you have emptied all that old filing out for the bonfire  :D Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

8doubles

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2021, 12:02 »
Any air vents old chimney vents that could harbour a cadaver ?

Growster...

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2021, 07:36 »
Any air vents old chimney vents that could harbour a cadaver ?

Oh yes, Mrs Growster's mum had a dead pigeon down her chimney once, and the whole house was filled with blowflies in just a day or so...

(Just to make you feel better, Lard..:0~

Lardman

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2021, 08:58 »
No chimney in thankfully and I checked the air vents first  ;)  I've run out of steam and space to put things for the time being and I'm having to sort out the stuff whilst moving it. It's going to take ages  >:( so much life litter.

Cheers for that Growster -your card has been marked  ;)  :lol:

8doubles

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2021, 14:05 »
We were trying to find a leak in a shipping container that a customer was using to store furniture while the building work was carried out and there was an awful pong .
We eventually traced it in the kitchen stuff to an ancient crock jar of Stilton with a cork and wax seal that was well past its use by date!
Cheese had never brought tears to my eyes before, that one certainly did !   :ohmy:

Growster...

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2021, 18:51 »
Thanks a bunch - Lards!

Because of this, I had to get the fridge out and inspect the waste/condensate tray at the back (behind the panel)!

Full of nasties, all different colours and shapes, and needed a severe scrub-out and a wire pull-through to clear the nozzle...

And now, to cap it all, we have a mouse delivering 'normals' in a cupboard nearby, and lots of pans and pots are affected! Where the lttle blighter got in, I don't know, but it won't like the little sachet of 'sweeties' it has laying in wait!

You really have started something here, and maybe deserve a medal or something!

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 50 queries.