What a difference a new estagent makes!

• 9 Replies

Goosegirl

What a difference a new estagent makes!
« on: December 13, 2019, 13:01 »
With our first one we had to do so much re-writing for their brochure (including we have 1.2 acres of land which they missed off  :ohmy: ) and only had two viewings, one of which we weren't informed about until they arrived so we changed to another one and by Jove what a difference! Before it even went on the market we had two viewers and must have had about ten more since then. We get updates from the viewer's feedbacks and emails confirming future viewings. They cost a bit more but it's so worth it and we're getting what we pay for. If anyone wants me to email them with the agents we're using then please do.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

jaydig

Re: What a difference a new estagent makes!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 16:01 »
I hope they achieve the result you want, you've certainly been messed about more than enough.

Isn't it a sad reflection of the times we live in when we are let down so often by people who are paid to provide a service that we feel so excited when we finally get someone who actually does what they're paid for.

Hope all goes well.

Goosegirl

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 14:12 »
We had three booked for today, and because this agency prefers to show them round while we are out we drove past a bungalow that's just coming onto the market which we want view, did some other shopping and timed it so we'd get back home after they'd gone. Nope! They squeezed another viewing in so we sat in our car in our field gate until they left. There's yet another viewing this coming Sunday so we might just go out for a sandwich. In the meantime, the agent rang us about one of today's viewers who had been here before and has just made us an offer. We looked at each other and said she's extracting the proverbial whatsit. We could end up with a price war on our hands and that would be the best thing we could hope for. 

grinling

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 22:54 »
whoever offers, you need to know what position they are in, in a queue? sold theirs? mortgage agreed?
I would also keep it on the market whilst under offer. Nothing worse than finding out 4 months later they pull out as you have a lot of interest now.

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 06:56 »
It says a lot when an agent is that keen to work so hard on a Sunday!

This time of year isn't the fastest for property movement, but to get all those visits so quickly shows that they're pretty good at their job!

Fingers crossed for today!

(It is Sunday, isn't it - lost count over the last few days...)!

Goosegirl

Re: What a difference a new estate agent makes!
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 11:48 »
Growster, it is Sunday today but this viewer is coming next Sunday plus we have another one on Tuesday afternoon. Phew, it's all go here and our home has never been so clean and tidy!  :nowink: It's a funny time of year to sell, but we're hoping that the awful weather we've had recently will be an asset because they'll come in from the cold and wet to be greeted by a warm open fire and all the festive decs and fairy lights on show.
Grinling, thanks and we're doing just as you suggested. It won't be over until the fat lady sings along with a full wallet!  :lol:

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 12:17 »
whoever offers, you need to know what position they are in, in a queue? sold theirs? mortgage agreed?
I would also keep it on the market whilst under offer. Nothing worse than finding out 4 months later they pull out as you have a lot of interest now.

My Mum's house is still up for sale.   I have had "the most secure buyers"  lose their buyers down the line, this has happened to me three times and wasted  in total at least a year.  !       But until our law changes to become like the Scots,   you can only keep fingers crossed, and remember that many buyers are liars !!  Good luck Goosegirl,  Mrs Bouquet

PS:   I asked my Agents the other day, if many people view this time of the year.   His reply was, yes but normally it is only to see their Christmas Decorations.  Mostly, they haven't even started to market their own.        Stay cool   Goosey. Just try and not get involved and let the agents do their job,  easy to say ! x
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 12:22 by mrs bouquet »
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2019, 13:23 »
Thanks MB. All we want is to sell our home at a fair price then to move to a place that suits us. The other day we found one via our agent's email with no chain so will arrange a viewing. If all comes to all, we're prepared to stay here because it just needs the rendering power-washed and a new coating (we've still got five tins of it left from last time), gates need another two coats of black preservative, main bedroom needs the floor levelling so we don't have to put bits of wood under the furniture so it doesn't fall over, old wallpaper stripping off and a new carpet. Downstairs, the kitchen just needs a bit of TLC, and a new carpet for the rest.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2019, 13:36 »
Sometimes, it is a case of better the devil you know !   Generally, when we move there are things we have to do, ie; new carpet, different colour paint etc.  It is a very stressful thing to move and I know you have reasons for wanting to make a change.  I just hate to think of anybody being messed about as much as I have, so far the only people that have made money is the Solicitor for all the draft contracts she has sent out, and the fact that they are paying the rates on the property, which will of course have to be repaid at point of completion.
By the time all are paid there won't be much left.  ::)   I am one of the executors and beneficiaries, the other one hasn't been near the place, and quite frankly, I dont want her near us.    But she will get a shock when I also put in a Bill for all my fees, plus the money I have spent on grass cutting, tree removal and general maintenance.
Oh !    I am so sorry, I have grabbed your thread, very rude of me, sorry.     Mrs Bouquet

Goosegirl

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2019, 14:04 »
MB, you haven't grabbed my thread whatsoever, you just added your experiences to it and am grateful you did.

xx
What a difference 3 hours makes

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post March 24, 2023, 09:59
by Debz
xx
mmm makes me wonder....

Started by Aidy on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post January 08, 2020, 23:01
by mrs bouquet
xx
It all makes work for the working man to do !!!!

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post October 28, 2019, 19:32
by wighty
xx
What makes you feel blessed?

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post September 17, 2021, 14:04
by Growster...

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 45 queries.