Saucepans

• 40 Replies

wapello

• Experienced Member
Re: Saucepans
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2016, 13:09 »
 I go with stainless steel as well BUT not with metal handels they just get to hot   :nowink: :(
Colin

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2016, 13:30 »
Thanks for your thoughts everyone!

Grannie Annie those pans look very interesting - and if the celebrity endorsements are to be believed then we'll....
I am just a bit wary about having non stick again and having all those chemicals in my food if the coating starts to come off (which is beginning to happen with my mid-priced pans of 7 years)

Even more confused now haha!

Although I don't own one (yet!) I have seen them demonstrated like he did on that video.  And as far as I can remember, they aren't coated like Tefal.  They also have a 25 year guarantee.  Once I move house, I will save up for a frying pan at least!    lol

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2016, 14:07 »
They are non stick, although a 25 year guarantee for non-stick would be wonderful if true?

http://www.runcookware.co.uk/nonstick-pans.asp

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2016, 18:53 »
Well we went to a Le creuset outlet store today where I got to 'test them out' and yes they are heavy but I love them - and so did my husband!!

They were weren't hugely reduced in the outlet store and I had seen a good deal on Monday on a website where the 3 pack of saucepans was reduced from £325 to £200 - got home and went on the same website... today they are back to full price GRRR  :mad:  So will need to wait now until either a) I see the same deal again or b) we go back to the outlet centre

snowdrops

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2016, 20:10 »
Sainsburys do a similar to Le Creuset, or check out TK Max, I've seen some in the there
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Lardman

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2016, 22:56 »
I love my Le Creuset but you really do need arms like Popeye to lift them when full.  :nowink:  I picked mine up from Macro when they were on special offer they didn't require a second mortgage to buy  ;)

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2016, 23:18 »
They are non stick, although a 25 year guarantee for non-stick would be wonderful if true?

http://www.runcookware.co.uk/nonstick-pans.asp

Oh I know they are non stick MoS, but I'm sure the demo man told us that it wasn't coated with anything like tefal is, so nothing to come off like other pans can at times.

I couldn't see how the demos could be faked.  we were right in front of him.

snow white

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2016, 08:53 »
I have had lots of different saucepans.  Ceramic - hated them, food stuck constantly and a nightmare to clean.  Non stick, great while the non stick was working but hard to clean without removing the non stick.  My friend had Le Creuset and I could not lift them when full (I was in my 20's and fit, but a girl).  Needs a man to lift them.  I felt this was dangerous, lifting really heavy saucepans full of burning hot stuff.   I now have Stainless steel.  Have had them 15 years and still going strong, and looking as good as when I bought them.  I bought an expensive set so the handles never get hot.  Mine have solid pan tops so when I drop them they will not break (I am a bit clumsy).  I cook allsorts in them and if anything burns then a quick scrub with a metal scourer and they are as good as new.  For frying I have a really good large wok and a small frying pan with non stick coating for the small things. I also have a griddle pan for cooking meats which is fantastic. I cook a lot and for me my collection really works. 
Before you buy anything look for the reviews on them.
Tip - if frying on stainless steel, don't have the temperature on the highest setting, then you shouldn't burn it.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2016, 09:47 »
Oh I know they are non stick MoS, but I'm sure the demo man told us that it wasn't coated with anything like tefal is, so nothing to come off like other pans can at times.

I'm sure the demos aren't faked, Grannie - I was just saying that they are coated with something Their site says
the non-stick coating is durable and high quality
be wonderful if they've found a coating that  lasts 25 years. I'd start saving up for some myself  :)

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2016, 17:04 »
Thanks for your thoughts everyone. I know the Le creuset are heavy, I tested it in the shop (they filled the largest one with water for me) and if I used the other handle as well I could lift it well.

I don't want cheaper brand alternatives ( I have read the reviews) so will just need to wait for the right deal to come along again - I am in no rush!

My wok is from china town - thin steel and I love it. It wasn't even super expensive!

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2016, 21:10 »

I'm sure the demos aren't faked, Grannie - I was just saying that they are coated with something Their site says
the non-stick coating is durable and high quality
be wonderful if they've found a coating that  lasts 25 years. I'd start saving up for some myself  :)

I missed that bit MoS!  Well, once I've saved up enough for the frying pan, after another 25 years, if I'm no longer on this world, I'll get my daughter to let you know how it got on, as I'm leaving the frying pan to her in my will!    :lol: ;) ;) ;)

I also bought a ceramic non stick frying pan Snow White, it wasn't the cheapest one either, and they said it really wouldn't stick, but you're right, its awful!

Strangely enough, the best one I have at the moment, is a tiny Tefal hot spot fry pany that I've had for years.  The red hot spot in the middle doesn't work anymore, and it is only big enough for 2 eggs, and although I really wanted it just for eggs, it has cooked sausages and fish fingers over the years.  If an egg sticks a bit, I only have to move it a tiny bit and the whole egg then slides around the pan beautifully!  (It was also the cheapest one of the 4 pans I've got at the moment!)    ;) ;)

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2016, 21:11 »
RJR, what about a day trip to France.  I know they are cheaper over there.  I think John and Val got their Le Creusot from France years ago and said they were really cheap!   :D :D ;)

jaydig

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2016, 14:33 »
Here was me thinking it was only my ceramic frying pans that were useless.  As Grannie says, they are incredibly expensive for what they are, and everything - particularly eggs - sticks to them, plus they are a nightmare to clean. Talk about being had!

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2016, 20:19 »
Here was me thinking it was only my ceramic frying pans that were useless.  As Grannie says, they are incredibly expensive for what they are, and everything - particularly eggs - sticks to them, plus they are a nightmare to clean. Talk about being had!

My friend in Kent first told me how good they were.  But I think her fry pan was quite new, becaseu now, whenever i stay with her, she always has trouble getting her eggs out whole!    :D :D ;)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2016, 20:27 »
I know that feeling  :lol:
I scrapped a new ceramic omelette pan and bought another Tefal 'red spot' one. It's just a shame they need replacing every 3 or 4 years. They aren't that expensive if you wait for a special offer  ;)

xx
New saucepans

Started by Lardman on Kitchen Natter

10 Replies
Last post December 26, 2022, 17:53
by Lardman

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 40 queries.