disapointing turkey!!

• 32 Replies

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: disapointing turkey!!
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2010, 14:12 »
Got to be worth a go Massa!  As they are not a commercial meat bird, they will probably mate oaky, whereas the meat breeds can't get their legs over and have to be artificially inseminated!

Good luck!

jinty1911

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2010, 20:02 »
Hi Clucky!  I'm not sure who John Kelly is, is he Derek Kelly's brother or Paul's?  I knoe either Paul or his Dad Derek have a brother.  I've met Paul and I've seen Derek, but we don't know them personally!

As you know, Kelly's is a big concern, and they don't normally dispatch for other people.  One reason is that they are so big and get so busy, and also couldn't have any other turkeys on their farm because of their bio-security, but if John Liked you, he may do it for you!  Lucky girl!   :happy:

We know their main Farm at Danbury, because we go there every August to collect our day old turkeys poults! 

We hang them for a week before killing.  10-14 days is better if you have a proper cold room, but we only have a very cold garage!  We don't gut them until the morning they are due to go out on the courier van.  So no, they don't smell like say pheasants would when they are hanging!   :happy:
Oh GrannieAnnie Surely you don't hang them for a week before killing???  :blink:

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2010, 20:43 »
Hi Clucky!  I'm not sure who John Kelly is, is he Derek Kelly's brother or Paul's?  I knoe either Paul or his Dad Derek have a brother.  I've met Paul and I've seen Derek, but we don't know them personally!

As you know, Kelly's is a big concern, and they don't normally dispatch for other people.  One reason is that they are so big and get so busy, and also couldn't have any other turkeys on their farm because of their bio-security, but if John Liked you, he may do it for you!  Lucky girl!   :happy:

We know their main Farm at Danbury, because we go there every August to collect our day old turkeys poults! 

We hang them for a week before killing.  10-14 days is better if you have a proper cold room, but we only have a very cold garage!  We don't gut them until the morning they are due to go out on the courier van.  So no, they don't smell like say pheasants would when they are hanging!   :happy:
Oh GrannieAnnie Surely you don't hang them for a week before killing???  :blink:

LOL, it took you a while to discover my 'deliberate' mistake didn't it?    :D :D

Of course, I meant gutting!!!!!   :D :D :D

xx
does anyone have a pet turkey??

Started by babe on The Hen House

24 Replies
Last post November 27, 2007, 17:56
by Jellyhead
xx
Turkey

Started by chasechicken on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post May 01, 2009, 12:42
by poppies
xx
X-mas Turkey

Started by massa on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post July 17, 2010, 08:28
by joyfull
xx
Turkey

Started by Liney on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post June 04, 2014, 14:46
by joyfull

Page created in 0.318 seconds with 35 queries.