What I did on the plot today - 2012

• 2319 Replies

mattwragg94

Re: What I did on the plot today - 2012
« Reply #270 on: February 16, 2012, 20:02 »
checked on my kelsae onion and chilli plants, then i signed up to this forum aswell as another!

like diggingk

• Experienced Member
  • Our dog Molly relaxing on the allotment
« Reply #271 on: February 16, 2012, 20:28 »
the greenhouse is up 90% of the glass is in  :D
it took 4 1/2 hours for two of us to finish frame did fine out that we put two of the roof pieces in the wrong place so had to dismantle and redo  :wacko:
missing 6 2ft x 2ft 3mm  pains so am look for some tomorrow there is non on ebay freecycle or gumtree that are close to me i don't drive  :(
so going to see how much it will be from a glass place near me
would anyone know how much it should be as do not want to pay silly price  :blush:

mattwragg94

« Reply #272 on: February 16, 2012, 20:32 »
this was a few years ago but at my local glass merchent it was about a fiver for a 2by2 piece

Mysteik79

« Reply #273 on: February 16, 2012, 20:36 »
Well the sun was shining and it was lovely down at our plot today, met some neighbours including the previous plot occupier which was v helpful and we are pleasantly surprised at how much digging we managed to get done. Fruit patch completely dug over and aquired fruit 3 x raspberry canes 2 x blackcurrant and 1 x thornless blackberry all moved ready for strawberry plants.  Got almost half the main plot dug too for our veg beds garlic and onions waiting to go in and the potatos are chitting at home along with the newly emerged seedlings

Dantheman

• Experienced Member
  • :) :) :)
« Reply #274 on: February 16, 2012, 22:23 »
thought about the plot alot last night was thinking of popping up there for a few hours after work, but my wife had a different idea, decided to go into labour, so sad for now that the allotment with have to see me a little less of the next few weeks. but hey welcomed a new member to the family a little girl called lily mai weighing 8lb 5oz.

:D :D :D :D HAPPY DAYS  :D :D :D :D
Dear God, Please can you stop the wind and rain and bring on the nice weather. Amen

Axe

• Experienced Member
« Reply #275 on: February 17, 2012, 00:51 »
congratulations dan!

raked away some dreaded bark chippings that are about 2 inches deep across 50% of this plot...gonna take alot longer than i thought to prep this allotment lol

Stuppla1

« Reply #276 on: February 17, 2012, 01:12 »
Shovelled 2 tonnes of topsoil into raised beds, now walking like Quasimodo

snowdrops

« Reply #277 on: February 17, 2012, 08:51 »
thought about the plot alot last night was thinking of popping up there for a few hours after work, but my wife had a different idea, decided to go into labour, so sad for now that the allotment with have to see me a little less of the next few weeks. but hey welcomed a new member to the family a little girl called lily mai weighing 8lb 5oz.

:D :D :D :D HAPPY DAYS  :D :D :D :D

Congratulations Dan Your harvest this year is way in front with that weight :D enjoy your little princess.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Dantheman

• Experienced Member
  • :) :) :)
« Reply #278 on: February 17, 2012, 09:00 »
thanks

sowitgrowit

• Experienced Member
  • Allotmenaut
    • Money saving, grow your own-ing blog
« Reply #279 on: February 17, 2012, 10:30 »
Not quite "On The Plot," however I've made contact with 3 different allotment associations (none run by the local council here) so will hopefully be on their lists soon.

At home, I sowed Garden Pearl toms.
Live like a peasant,
eat like a king!

Currysniffa

« Reply #280 on: February 17, 2012, 13:48 »
Went to my half allotment, We (my son aged 6 & myself) lifted the strawberries and put them in pots in the greenhouse, they are going up to the full plot now I have more room there. I also lifted and moved two gooseberries that I was given by a kind chap on the allotment, I healed them in last November as I wasn't sure where I wanted them, but I've moved them now to behind the greenhouse. I'm going to be putting two water butt at the front of the greenhouse, I just need to move some bricks to the plot for there base for the stands.

jrko

« Reply #281 on: February 17, 2012, 14:48 »
1 post!  Spent a couple of hours digging over one half of my half plot (1/4 of a plot then  :tongue2:) trying to get down to and remove all the nettle roots.  My plot was unused for 2 years and the chap to the right only grows daffs (on a whole plot :mad:) so most of the year his plot is a jungle - then he nukes it with something awful when the council chase him up about it.  All the nettles can be traced back to his side of the corrugated iron fence.  I'll have to sink some thick plastic between I think.  Still the soil is amazing!

I also planted 2 rhubarb crowns that were in temporary accommodation.  I must have spent about 10 min in wistful daydreams about how I will use all the free double glazed units I have to make a bigger greenhouse, and the need for a second IBC 1000l tank to take the run off from its roof

Hello.  My name is James, the builder of Evil Shed mkII and The Greenhouse of Doom.  Please enjoy the madness of my Plot Diary here:
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=107298.0

mattwragg94

« Reply #282 on: February 17, 2012, 16:29 »
repotted my chilli and kelsea onion plants, i also sowed tom (sunbaby), lavender, salpiglossis and dahlia's.

allotment-bill

• Experienced Member
« Reply #283 on: February 17, 2012, 18:49 »
Had fun making a new bigger hot bed for our melon plants this year not filled it up yet plenty of time for that ,thinking of putting an auto vent on it
keep allotments alive grow your own

like diggingk

• Experienced Member
  • Our dog Molly relaxing on the allotment
« Reply #284 on: February 17, 2012, 19:47 »
5 hours on the allotment today
panted 2 small fences that will cordon of the berry boshes and the apple cherry trees
dug 1/3 of bed 1 were the potato's will be going stiil finding bined weed  :(
planted 2 rows of red onions
had a look to see it the broad beans were doing been in 6 week so gentile dig on up and its got a 1inch shot so put it back lovingly :blush:
hoed round the trees and the berry bushed
and made a wooden thing to go around the rhubarb so i know were they are 
took some pics of greenhouse fence and wooden thing ( can't thing what to call it )
so all in all had a good day  :D
(22)greenhouse and berry fence.jpg
(19)rhubarb bed.jpg

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
ate my first ever strawberry from my plot today!!

Started by starry on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post June 11, 2010, 09:00
by diggerjoe
xx
my plot today (pics)

Started by pawsnclaws on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post January 25, 2010, 14:01
by pawsnclaws

Page created in 0.423 seconds with 33 queries.