What I did on the plot today - 2012

• 2319 Replies

Countryman_uk

Re: What I did on the plot today - 2012
« Reply #1725 on: July 09, 2012, 10:36 »
Harvested Toms, spuds, spring oinions , did a bit of shimming around some leeks and swedes, plant more beetroot i had  grown in blocks, and spring onions, planted some more parsnips again i had grown these is small modules, planted so runners and french beans
 :)

jmc1949

« Reply #1726 on: July 09, 2012, 15:53 »
Harvested spuds, some beetroot, a few strawberries and the last of the sugar snap peas.

angelavdavis

• Winner - Prettiest Pumpkin 2012
  • An allotment glutton!
    • The Allotment Glutton
« Reply #1727 on: July 09, 2012, 18:49 »
A quick plot pop today.  Planted six tomato plants into a lasagne bed just to put something in for the moment.  Harvested four courgettes from my plot as I was leaving.
Read about my allotment exploits at Ecodolly at plots 37 & 39.  Questions, queries and comments are appreciated at Comment on Ecodolly's exploits on plots 37 & 39

symonep

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1728 on: July 09, 2012, 21:19 »
finally got down there tonight after the weekends rain. picked peas, broad beans, strawberrys, pulled the onions up to dry out and dug up some spuds. Also did a little weeding and put some straw under the rest of the strawberry plants. amazing what you can do in an hour and a half!
Gained an allotment on the 19th June 08, 135ft by 40ft! eekk. Finally after 4 years it is looking like an allotment and not a jungle

We have 5 lovely hens in the garden, fish, 2 dogs and 2 canaries

Abbeyview

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1729 on: July 09, 2012, 21:52 »
Looked at plot in amazement as  whilst we have been in sunney Spain for two weeks
the tidy plot we left has become covered in 6 inch high weeds,most of the crops seem
to have survived the wet weather and are growing reasonable well.
Dug some potatoes went home and cut lawns etc.
Retired but never short of a job.

Sean.

« Reply #1730 on: July 10, 2012, 09:19 »
Today was 30°c. So what happened was I ended up picking tomatoes from the vine and a can from the cooler. Sat on an upturned bucket, under a picnic umbrella, I drank a toast to the coming of Autumn.

symonep

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1731 on: July 10, 2012, 11:11 »
Today was 30°c. So what happened was I ended up picking tomatoes from the vine and a can from the cooler. Sat on an upturned bucket, under a picnic umbrella, I drank a toast to the coming of Autumn.

I have the heating on here!

Sean.

« Reply #1732 on: July 10, 2012, 11:21 »

I have the heating on here!

I'm sleeping with the air conditioner on! I'd like to make some ash for the plot but I couldn't stand the heat boost. Roll on autumn :0°

grendel

« Reply #1733 on: July 10, 2012, 13:24 »
up early and a quick visit to both plots, dug some potatoes, then on the other plot a few potatoes, and found my shallots had no tops any more - something had eaten them, so they were dug up.  picked some raspberries and strawberries and a few snap peas too.
weeded a little.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

allotment-bill

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1734 on: July 10, 2012, 13:58 »
managed to get up plots nice and early so as to cut grass before the lovely rain turned up yet again , :( then it was into the greenhouse cut some cucumbers gave some away to other plot holders tom's starting to come now as well  ::) , then into shed for a nice cup of tea and chat not a bad morning
keep allotments alive grow your own

yorkiegal

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1735 on: July 10, 2012, 15:11 »
Harvested some sugar snap peas which I gave to another plotholder as I have plenty. They really seem to have taken off in the last couple of weeks.
Pinched out the runners which are at the top of the wigwams.
Fed the toms and got rid of all the yellowing leaves at the bottom.
Continued digging my paths and dragging the wheelbarrow full of turf across a wet allotment to stack up in the corner. My tyre is flat so it's hard work.
Helped myself to ten barrowloads of bark chippings for the paths. A freebie courtesy of the council.
Had a natter with plot neighbours. We're having a table top sale on the site in a couple of weeks so everyone was having a good clear up of the communal spaces today.

Wellpotty1

« Reply #1736 on: July 10, 2012, 16:17 »
Soaked new asparagus plants in wheelbarrow when arrived (bucket wasn't big enough); read planting instructions 3 times & got out measuring tape & spade & fork; dug bed to loose tilth 8inches deep; removed 6inches in a trench & fussed with the mound in the bottom to place the crowns onto. Placed 6 crowns carefully one foot apart & covered with 3inches of soil gently as instruced on leaflet.

Looked apprensively at next raised bed as now need to clear that too; 10 crowns did not fit into one bed. Carefully removed remaing 4 crowns from water & stored in small plastic container-(from old fridge) till have enough energy to sort out home for them... tomorrow.
Kiwifruit

jmc1949

« Reply #1737 on: July 10, 2012, 20:24 »
Transplanted some chard seedlings and a courgette into a raised bed.  Renetted one of the beds with the drawf beans in.

Auntiemogs

« Reply #1738 on: July 10, 2012, 20:52 »
Pricked out cabbage and kale seedlings. Planted out a few more dwarf french beans. Sprayed toms against blight. Pulled up beets and radish which had come to nothing.
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

Hampshire Hog

« Reply #1739 on: July 10, 2012, 22:29 »
Brief visit after work.
Weeds growing well!!
Pulled up a couple of garlic bulbs to dry in conservatory.
Everything so wet can't do a lot, just pinched out runner beans that had reached top of supports and pulled a few weeds.
Sweetcorn growing but still hoping for some sunshine to help it!!

Cheers HH
Keep digging

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today - 2013

Started by Paul Plots on Grow Your Own

2699 Replies
Last post December 31, 2013, 19:40
by snowdrops
xx
Have rotavated the plot today

Started by Peterjohn on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post February 10, 2008, 09:03
by shaun

Page created in 0.399 seconds with 33 queries.