Pixie Passed Today

• 11 Replies

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Pixie Passed Today
« on: February 23, 2024, 18:51 »
Yesterday little Pixie was not good and pretty miserable, so booked her in for a last visit to the vet today. Hardly slept, churning and wondering if I was doing the right thing. Well she perked up today and ate well - after a dose of painkiller. Then she sat hunched up and seemed uncomfortable and down.

Anyway, after a lot of soul searching kept the appointment. Sometimes, the worst times, are when things aren't clear cut. My head tells me I did the right thing but my heart isn't so sure.

The photo was taken yesterday on the futon/sofa in the office behind me.

Pixie Last 22-02-24 Opt.jpg
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
Re: Pixie Passed Today
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2024, 20:27 »
So sorry to hear it John, especially so soon to Rufus's passing. All the best to you and Val.

jaydig

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2024, 20:37 »
So sorry for your loss, John.  I'm sure that you made the right decision, but I know from past experience that we always doubt ourselves when the time comes to decide.  We all know our pets, and we do truly know when they have had enough and that to try to keep them longer will only cause suffering, but it's heartbreaking even so. We care for them for their entire lives and the most loving act we can provide is to ensure that they don't suffer needlessly.  You will miss her dreadfully and never forget her, but she would have had the best life with you both and further down the line you will be able to think of her and the things she used to do and smile. A big hug from me. x

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2024, 20:44 »
I'm so sorry John.

You did make the right decision. I can't improve on what others have said so well.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 12:25 by Subversive_plot »
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2024, 21:18 »
A sad loss, John.  But you’ve given Pixie a happy life and should be proud of that.

snowdrops

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2024, 21:58 »
Ahh RIP Pixie, she looked in that photo as if she’d had enough, I’m sure you did the right thing for sure.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2024, 22:56 »
We know instinctively when our pets have had enough, and then there's only one last kindness we can do for them. Sleep well Pixie...

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2024, 23:27 »
Thanks everyone. As I'm sure you can imagine, it hurts a lot. I know some will think it silly to invest so much in a cat or a dog or even a pet rabbit but Pixie has been part of our life for over 15 years. Even just typing this without her sitting beside me feels strange and empty.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2024, 00:28 »
Your heart isn’t sure because you didn’t want to lose her, but your head was right.

A tough call, but the right one. A very lucky cat who had an owner who was looking out for her.  People who think you are silly have no soul.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2024, 12:36 »
Thanks everyone. As I'm sure you can imagine, it hurts a lot. I know some will think it silly to invest so much in a cat or a dog or even a pet rabbit but Pixie has been part of our life for over 15 years. Even just typing this without her sitting beside me feels strange and empty.

That is entirely normal and to be expected, John.  You should have seen John (Worzel) and me weeping at the vets when we had to have our favourite hen (Gerty) sent to hen heaven.  It’s what gives us humanity and makes us the people we are.

wighty

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2024, 16:41 »
So sorry to hear your news, I know how hard it is, we had to make that decision a few years ago with our dog.  When she didn't come, at 15   years old to  'supervise ' our activity we knew the end was near. I do wish sometimes we could do the same with humans. (contraverisal  I know but it would make their ending so much easier).

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2024, 17:49 »
So sorry John and Val - thinking of you as you have these new gaps on your sofa and in your lives  :(
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

clip
Pixie cat not doing well

Started by John on Pets without Feathers

10 Replies
Last post June 09, 2023, 11:34
by John
xx
It's International Cat Day Today

Started by mumofstig on Pets without Feathers

2 Replies
Last post August 10, 2017, 11:27
by meriad
smiley
Look who I picked up today.

Started by Lardman on Pets without Feathers

49 Replies
Last post February 28, 2013, 20:53
by Dawnuss
clip
Rufus went today

Started by John on Pets without Feathers

12 Replies
Last post February 19, 2024, 18:24
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 52 queries.