Think I am losing Rosie

• 30 Replies

Chicken_Lover

• Experienced Member
  • R.I.P you two beautiful ladies:(
Re: Think I am losing Rosie
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2012, 12:53 »
Thank god she's home safely. I hate when these threads have bad endings. ;)
1 Leghorn Cockerel, 2 Warrens, 4 Lemon Goldfish and 1 Jack Russell, One Big Party!!!!!! :D :D

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 08:56 »
so pleased she has turned up - has she had her visit to the vets now?
Staffies are softer than you think.

Goosegirl

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 13:55 »
She has turned up because she knows she will be looked after. Cats can sometimes purr when they are unhappy too, so has she got a mouth or tooth problem? Let us know what the vet says.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

LilacSandy

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2012, 18:47 »
Been to the vets and he cannot see any problem but has given her antibiotics just in case.  Her mouth is fine and she is crunching biscuits and refusing anything she does not like, in fact back to her old fussy self.  She is still so thin her bones stick out but she is taking the thyroid tablets with her breakfast (the only meal she woofs down). 

She howls constantly all day for food but is so fussy she will not have the same food twice, I have tried every cat food going but nothing really fits her bill.  I have had to resort to giving her chicken and tuna when OH is not looking, also I have to give it to her when Sheeba is not around or I get a very hurt look when she is not allowed to pinch it off her.  I am sure my kids are not so fussy as the animals. :D

LilacSandy

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 11:16 »
The neighbor came round last night and said Rosie was in her garden, Chris went to get her and it was obvious she was extremely unwell and she had a very bad eye infection.  Took her to the emergency vets and she was given antibiotics but she lost her fight at 2am this morning.  At least we know where she is and we can say goodbye to her.

compostqueen

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2012, 11:22 »
Oh dear Sandy I'm so sorry to hear that.  At least you found her and she's where she's back home where she belongs :)  Her roaming days are over now. RIP Rosie

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 11:31 »
 :(  So sorry for your loss.  Treasure your memories of Rosie and all the funny things she did.  I can still see my Bagpuss prancing sideways in the garden when the leaves start to fall off the trees.  So much pleasure received makes it really painful to let go.  Sending you loads of comforting hugs.   
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Oliveview

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2012, 12:07 »
So sorry.  It is so painful to lose a much loved pet.  When our cats and dogs over the years have died we have heard them walking about the house for ages after, or it sounded like them walking about the house. 

RIP Rosie

Pamela

Trillium

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2012, 15:00 »
So sorry you lost Rosie but animals are better at this than humans. Thankfully you were with her at the end.

allotmentann

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2012, 17:14 »
I am so sorry Sandy, it is the worst thing about having a pet, and so hard when they are not there anymore. Sending you lots of hugs.

LilacSandy

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2012, 20:38 »
Thanks Guys,  I know some people say its only a cat but when you have known any animal for 12 years it is a big wrench when they have gone.  AS Pamela says you hear, or are listening, for them for some time after they have gone.

I will miss her cheekiness,  to have her creep up on me when I am sitting on the sofa eating, and a tiny paw with claws extended would snake out to filch a piece of meat.  Her little nose would go straight up in the air when she was trying to find out what we had and her head would bob up and down.  Very naughty, but she just gave me a fit of the giggles.

snowdrops

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2012, 20:41 »
Big hugs to you.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

maxyboo

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2012, 21:17 »
Sorry to hear your news. I lost my beautiful girl 6 months ago and still miss her terribly. You gave her a wonderful life so I hope  you can take comfort from that.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2012, 11:38 »
If it helps you to write your memories of Rosie, I will be glad to read them.  You will find over the coming weeks you will remember more of her antics.  So if you want to share them with all of us I am sure we can all relate to it.   :)

Goosegirl

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2012, 11:50 »
I echo that. She had a wonderful life full of love and happiness, and you have been blessed to have her live with you. We have four cats and I dread anything happening to them. We have lost loved ones over the years,  but one just about broke my heart. He was called Brian and I heard him mewing when I came home after my first chemo session and was walkiing around the garden. He was on the other side of the dyke on our lane and it took three days to catch him, then he just strolled out of the cage and sat by the fire! He was white with big ears and the softest fur imaginable. We never found out where he came from but he was such a comfort to me at that time. When I went back to work, we found him on the roadside. He was buried in the garden and I planted a rose called "Little White Pet" on his grave. Perhaps Rosie would like something like that?

xx
My porley Rosie

Started by LilacSandy on Pets without Feathers

15 Replies
Last post October 21, 2011, 19:14
by LilacSandy
xx
Jaw problem with Rosie.

Started by joyfull on Pets without Feathers

76 Replies
Last post May 15, 2012, 17:05
by joyfull
xx
Rosie's first birthday present.

Started by joyfull on Pets without Feathers

7 Replies
Last post December 08, 2012, 15:44
by Trillium

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 39 queries.