advice needed, brahma walking strange im so worried

• 1 Replies

needssomehelp

• Experienced Member
i have a 10 week old brahma girl that i hatched in my incy, she is now in with the big girls, she was completely ok this morning, but i went to see them all a couple of hours ago and she is walking very weird, she is sort of shuffling from side to side,with her wings on the floor and she is sort of standing so her bottom is low to the ground, really hard to discribe, i have brought her in she is eating and drinking well, with no clear signs of injury, i dont know if one of the bigs girls have jumped on her or soomething like that. do you have any ideas, im so scared, i really wanted a girl brahma and out of the 5 eggs i had, only 3  hatched but she is the only girl.
LISA X X X

Helenaj

Re: advice needed, brahma walking strange im so worried
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 20:03 »
Will she tolerate you having a good feel about to see if any of her limbs or her spine is warm? It might be that one of your bigger girls has given her a bit of a bash and knocked her for six. Just have a gentle feel to see if any of her limbs feel especially warm or she sqeals if you press anywhere. If nothing is obvious, try and keep her somewhere where she can still see her coop-mates so that she doesn't feel isolated, but where the bigger girls can't pick on her. You may want to consider whether she needs to be wormed as well - it can't hurt.

Check her again tomorrow and if she is still the same, a trip to the vet may be advisable.

xx
Strange looking object found?? Advice needed.

Started by shaggybfc on The Hen House

23 Replies
Last post August 17, 2009, 02:04
by Paul Plots
xx
new chick walking on one hock advice please

Started by kimtwig on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post June 01, 2010, 21:37
by kimtwig
xx
Hi all-help with strange chicken noises needed!

Started by RosiesChooks on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post May 26, 2010, 17:29
by Livinhope
xx
New and need some advice please......getting very worried.

Started by katey on The Hen House

35 Replies
Last post February 10, 2011, 13:21
by katey

Page created in 0.241 seconds with 36 queries.