Muscovy Ducks

• 19 Replies

Kate and her Ducks

Re: Muscovy Ducks
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 20:02 »
Mine are mallard descended ducks. Some heavy breeds some light but unless your garden in miniscule there will be room for 2 ducks while you get things sorted.

You will need to fence them off (and muscovies fly pretty well) as thier poo is the sort that squidges between your toes rather than the sort you can poo pick with.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

animal mad

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 20:22 »
i have been to see my ducks today and they are amazing lavender, i am really excited we are having them on tuesday. i have been digging a pond today for them, well my husband has!! will post some pictures when they arrive. the breeder thinks they will be quite at home in the garden, so i am going to try. i have a friend who has a paddock where they could go if it doesnt work out here but i want to be  able to interact with so hopefully it will be ok.

Spana

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2009, 21:51 »
Hope it works for them and you, they are lovely.  And make sure you stand up for them when all your friends say they are ugly, because they will :lol: :lol: :lol:

animal mad

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2009, 09:49 »
we have had our pair for a week now, and they have taken over the whole garden. they have settled in really well, even the cats arent bothered, one wants to sleep in the duck house. they are amazing and i am totally in love with the little girl, she is a dream. the boy is good too but nips at the girl once or twice is this normal, or does he need another female.
my other question is i seem to have no slugs left in my garden after 1 week, which is brilliant, but will they need another meat source as well during the winter.
i feed them on mixed corn and some wholemeal bread, anything else i should be doing. i just want to do the best for them as they are brilliant.

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2009, 12:20 »
They really need a balanced, complete diet in the form of pellets t be at their best. There are specific duck pellets or you can use regular layers pellets. Mixed grain is a treat and should be limited to a little scattering in the evening. Knock the bread on the head except for a very occasional treat.

xx
muscovy ducks

Started by muntjac on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post March 11, 2007, 20:36
by muntjac
xx
muscovy ducks

Started by animal mad on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post March 05, 2010, 08:47
by Rubellite
xx
muscovy ducks help

4 Replies
Last post October 17, 2009, 18:14
by animal mad
xx
Muscovy ducks not getting on

4 Replies
Last post December 03, 2009, 08:27
by animal mad

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 36 queries.